From: Gilles Garrigues on
If you read French you also have alt.fr.os.windows.7
However not very active ...

"Brian R" <brianr(a)invalllid.invallid...com> a �crit dans le message de news:
hvednSUmaJQrtJXWnZ2dnUVZ8kadnZ2d(a)bt.com...

From: Mr doe on
Gilles Garrigues wrote:
> If you read French you also have alt.fr.os.windows.7
> However not very active ...
>

> "Brian R"<brianr(a)invalllid.invallid...com> a �crit dans le message de news:
> hvednSUmaJQrtJXWnZ2dnUVZ8kadnZ2d(a)bt.com...
>> B& A wrote:
>>> Is there a newsgroup for help with Windows 7?
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Yep, it's -- alt.windows7.general -- enjoy.

Is it because Microsoft does not want all the win7 problems to leak out
like they did with Vista ?
From: ANONYMOUS on

Mr doe wrote:

> Is it because Microsoft does not want all the win7 problems to leak
> out like they did with Vista ?

Partly yes but mainly because M$ wants to support its products
themselves rather than relying on so called MVPs - Most Valuable Pigs.
These pigs have given a very bad name to M$ (this assumes M$ had a good
name to start with!!) .

M$ is also allowing people to use upgrade DVDs to perform clean install
EVEN if you don't have any qualifying products like XP or VISTA (tried
it, done it and it works!). They are really desperate to get you start
buying its products again.!!

From: JS on
Got news for you, the MVP(s) are also on the forums.

And while I'm not an MVP, I would hope to become one someday.

Also trouble shooting a problem using a newsgroup or forum without the
benefit of being directly next to the problem computer makes it dam hard
sometimes to correctly identify the problem. Not to mention the time an
effort
of a persons spend every day to provide help.

It's now 12:03AM my time and I've been on the forums and newsgroups from
time to time starting early today. So don't put down someone just because
they
have a title.

--
JS
http://www.pagestart.com

From: Mr doe on
ANONYMOUS wrote:

> Mr doe wrote:
>
>> Is it because Microsoft does not want all the win7 problems to leak
>> out like they did with Vista ?
>

> Partly yes but mainly because M$ wants to support its products
> themselves rather than relying on so called MVPs - Most Valuable Pigs.
> These pigs have given a very bad name to M$ (this assumes M$ had a good
> name to start with!!) .
>
> M$ is also allowing people to use upgrade DVDs to perform clean install
> EVEN if you don't have any qualifying products like XP or VISTA (tried
> it, done it and it works!). They are really desperate to get you start
> buying its products again.!!

Very True.... I used a win7 professional upgrade DVD to install 7 on a
new Hard drive .. I was never asked for a xp or vista DVD ...

MVP's will Scare the You know what out of You