From: AroundTheWorld on
Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
regularly.
Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
Always the same problem.
Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
problems.
Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
Thanks a lot.

PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?
From: Han on
AroundTheWorld <AroundTheWorld(a)DELETEinterfree.it> wrote in

> Hi, 3 days ago I have replaced Win XP with Windows 7 and since first
> day I have problem with Eudora 7.1.
> My problems are when Eudora downloads emails.
> I have 6 account, Eudora downloads 3 accunts regularly, then gets
> stuck on 3� account for 1 minute or more and then it goes again
> regularly.
> Therefore I have deleted the 3� account then I have done the download.
> Eudora downloads 3 account regularly again then it gets stuck again.
> Always the same problem.
> Then ..... I have unistalled Eudora and deleted every trace on
> registry then I have installed it again but now I have the same
> problems.
> Perhaps have I to replace Eudora 7 with Eudora 8?
> I want to cry!!!! Help me please.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> PS. I have replaced beacause it is important for me new mailboxes with
> old mailboxes and I replaced Eudora.ini. Perhaps is it my problem?

Eudora has a bit of a problem when it ownloads mail from an ISP that
requires SSL <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSL>. This is because Eudora
and the ISP have to agree that the connection they have made is indeed
secure. It requires a bit of time for this "handshake" to be completed.
This extra time is only needed the first time after Eudora starts up. At
the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
It may annoy you the first time but taking a deep breath is the best you
can do.

In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
Tools|Options|Threading. This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory. (I
have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
some extent).

--
Best regards
Han
From: AroundTheWorld on
>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is fast.
>It may annoy you the first time

You are right perfectly

>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth of
>your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads under
>Tools|Options|Threading. This may require the esoteric.epi file to be
>copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail directory. (I
>have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem still happens to
>some extent).

I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
change it? I have just tried with 5 but I have always these problem.
I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
contrary.
Thanks for your news.
From: Han on

>>At the second time the mail is checked and later, the connection is
>>fast. It may annoy you the first time
>
> You are right perfectly
>
>>In addition, depending on the speed of your computer and the bandwidth
>>of your connection, you can adjust the number of simultaneous threads
>>under Tools|Options|Threading. This may require the esoteric.epi file
>>to be copied from the extra stuff subdirectory to the main mail
>>directory. (I have it set for 10 threads, but he above SSL problem
>>still happens to some extent).
>
> I have copied esoteric.epi file from extra stuff subdirectory at
> Eudora folder to the folder where there are mailboxes.
> On Tools|Options|Threading I have read 10 for default. Have I to
> change it? I have just tried with 5 but I have always these problem.
> I don't understand if it is better to put a high number or the
> contrary.
> Thanks for your news.

I don't know whether a higher or lower number is better. It depends on
your connection to the internet. If you get many times the error message
that the connection has timed out, I would reduce the nmber of threads.

But I think that you just have to get used to the initial delay. It's a
bit of a bother, but I usually let Eudora just run. In fact I have set
the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

Hope this helps!
Arriverdeci!
--
Best regards
Han
From: AroundTheWorld on
>In fact I have set
>the program to NOT check mail unless I click on the get mail button, or
>use the equivalent keystroke [Ctrl-M].

I'm sorry but I don't remember how I have set
the program to NOT check mail. Where have I to delete the flag?
Thanks a lot