From: Pen on
On 4/24/2010 9:59 PM, Michael Arm wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:59:21 -0400, Pen <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote:
>
>> On 4/24/2010 4:38 PM, MZB wrote:
>>> pEN:
>>>
>>> Does Windows 7 also have something like Windows Explorer, so that I can
>>> search for things, create new folders, etc.?
>>>
>>> Mel
>>> "Pen" <nospam(a)nospam.net> wrote in message

>> Yes, pretty much the same as XP.
> Rather than worry about MS Works, try Open Office, its free and MS
> Office compatatable and will run just fine on XP and Windows 7
>
> Mike
But it won't open works files. Also it does not have a
simple database program, which works does. 4.5a is still the
best version of works.
From: Sam Spade on
Mel I too have many questions about W 7 and just purchased a windows for
dummy book from amazon.com. It's really fascinating. I'm making notes as I
read and hopefully this will lead me to the pc to buy (I'm old school
desktop person versus laptop person). Biggest thing I read is that it may be
necessary to purchase new accesories like printer etc.. In fact they have
program that you can run on your XP pc that should point out problems in
going to W 7. Everything leads me to say that given the money better to
purchase new pc with W7 on it versus trying to put W7 from CD on your
machine.