From: Herbert Eppel on
Thanks for your reply (also thanks to Neil).

Herbert Eppel
www.HETranslation.co.uk

From: James Silverton on
Herbert wrote on Wed, 07 Apr 2010 06:25:22 +0100:

> Herbert Eppel
> www.HETranslation.co.uk

> On 06.04.2010 22:45 UK Time, Ken Blake, MVP wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:23:03 +0100, Herbert Eppel<HE(a)UK> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for your quick reply and the forum link.
>>>
>>> Pity there isn't a newsgroup, which I tend to find more
>>> convenient than forums.
>>
>> They are *much* faster and more convenient than forums, as
>> far as I'm concerned.
>>
>> However it isn't true that there is no newsgroup. There are
>> no Microsoft newsgroups, but there is one on other servers.
>> Here's my standard post on the subject:
>>
>> Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that there will be any
>> Microsoft Windows 7 newsgroups. Apparently Microsoft has
>> decided that web-based forums are better than newsgroups and they are
>> putting their efforts there. I'm personally sorry
>> that's the case, but it's their decision, not mine. Go
>> to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx?ta
>> b=2

alt.windows7.general is also available on news.eternal-september.org.

I also read microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_suggestions on
eternal-september because Microsoft seems unable to give the unread
message count correctly for this group on msnews.microsoft.com tho' it
gets the correct numbers for m.p.excel.charting, m.p.e.misc and the few
others that I read.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

From: Brian Gregory [UK] on
"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake(a)this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that there will be any Microsoft
> Windows 7 newsgroups. Apparently Microsoft has decided that web-based
> forums are better than newsgroups and they are putting their efforts
> there. I'm personally sorry that's the case, but it's their decision,
> not mine.

It makes it easier for them to prevent information on the many examples of
their total incompetence to circulate too widely.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
ng(a)bgdsv.co.uk

From: Unknown on
You are the one with total incompetence. If you don't believe that, write
an operating system.
Obviously you cannot yet you criticize MS.

From: Brian Gregory [UK] on
"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
> You are the one with total incompetence. If you don't believe that, write
> an operating system.

I am one man it's obviously not fair to expect me to write an operating
system as advanced as Windows.

However I have written a very nice little multi-tasking operating system for
an industrial control system a company I work for used to produce.

Please tell me about the operating systems you have written.

Tell me why MVPs tell me that the synchronise favourites feature of
Microsoft ActiveSync has been known to have problems for ages with syncing
any more than a handful of favorites and recommend I not use the feature yet
the problem is still present in Mobile Device Centre on Vista.

Tell me why after three XP service packs users who log in as soon as the log
in screen appears on XP are still liable to find some of the icons such as
'Safely Remove Hardware' do not appear. It seems pretty damn obvious that
you shouldn't let users log in until all the necessary parts of the OS are
up and running but oh no. Microsoft don't design there OS they throw is
together and test it only on state of the art lightening fast hardware with
virtually no software installed.

Tell my why those same users find Internet Explorer locks up if they start
it as soon as the desktop appears rather than waiting while yet more or
something starts up.

Methods for synchronising processes so they can't run in the wrong order is
fundamental stuff I was taught in my second year at university yet Microsoft
seem to think they don't have to bother with it.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)
ng(a)bgdsv.co.uk
To email me remove the letter vee.