From: ~~Alan~~ on
When I reinstall Windows from the OEM CD that came with my Dell computers,
Windows is automaticall activated. So, what is the difference between the
Windows Activation key on the sticker on the side/bottom/back/whatever of my
PCs and the Windows Activation Keys that is actually on my machines?

~alan

From: Bob Villa on
On May 31, 7:59 am, "~~Alan~~" <a.shepro-NoS...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> When I reinstall Windows from the OEM CD that came with my Dell computers,
> Windows is automaticall activated.  So, what is the difference between the
> Windows Activation key on the sticker on the side/bottom/back/whatever of my
> PCs and the Windows Activation Keys that is actually on my machines?
>
> ~alan

1st, I'm not an expert on this...as I understand it OEM DVD/CD's are
purchased in lots with one specific key for the OEM manufacturer (Dell
in this case). Dell receives, say 100 specific stickers for those
individual machines.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I have gone astray! 8^)

bob
From: ~~Alan~~ on
After I reinstall Windows on my Dell machine with the DELL OEM DVD, am I
supposed to override the activation with the key on the sticker?

From: Bob Villa on
On May 31, 8:23 am, "~~Alan~~" <a.shepro-NoS...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> After I reinstall Windows on my Dell machine with the DELL OEM DVD, am I
> supposed to override the activation with the key on the sticker?
>
> "Bob Villa" <pheeh.z...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On May 31, 7:59 am, "~~Alan~~" <a.shepro-NoS...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >> When I reinstall Windows from the OEM CD that came with my Dell
> >> computers,
> >> Windows is automaticall activated.  So, what is the difference between
> >> the
> >> Windows Activation key on the sticker on the side/bottom/back/whatever of
> >> my
> >> PCs and the Windows Activation Keys that is actually on my machines?
>
> >> ~alan
>
> > 1st, I'm not an expert on this...as I understand it  OEM DVD/CD's are
> > purchased in lots with one specific key for the OEM manufacturer (Dell
> > in this case). Dell receives, say 100 specific stickers for those
> > individual machines.
>
> > I'm sure someone will correct me if I have gone astray! 8^)
>
> > bob

No, if you had to call MS you would use that number only.
I have reinstalled many times (even using an nLite modified OEM disc)
and never entered my specific key.

bob