From: Michael Santovec on
The XP PC imported the Outlook express data that was on that PC.

The Win7 PC had nothing to import.

If you are using a POP3 mail account you can export the data on the XP
and import to Win7.
How to Backup Windows Live Mail Accounts, Contacts and Messages
http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!174.entry

Or you can use the Easy Transfer tool that comes with Win7 to move your
WLM settings and data from XP to Win7.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

From: ...winston on
Same Windows Logon or same Windows Live ID logon in Windows Live Mail.

For the latter, only LIve ID Hotmail type accounts(hotmail.com, live.com, and msn.com) when setup as Http(not Pop3) on both
machines will yield the same email account folders, messages. To see the same contacts on both machines...use the same Live ID to
logon to Windows Live in WLM(not Windows)

--
...winston
ms-mvp mail