From: Bobby Gee Bobby on
I have 2 computers that I am trying to run Windows Live Mail. The first
computer is in an XP Home operating system. Windows live works well. The
second computer is a brand new laptop with Windows 7 running and Windows Live
does not work very well at all. I have used the same log on and set up specs
for both Windows Live Mails. ON the XP machine it automatically updated WLM
with all of the stuff from Outlook Express. So when I signed on to the
Windows7 machine I get an entirely different WLM program. I expected to see
the same contact list and the same storage folders, but no the contact list
was empty and there were no storage folders at all on the Windows7 machine.
What am I doing wrong?
From: smlunatick on
On Mar 15, 9:08 pm, Bobby Gee <Bobby G...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have 2 computers that I am trying to run Windows Live Mail.  The first
> computer is in an XP Home operating system.  Windows live works well.  The
> second computer is a brand new laptop with Windows 7 running and Windows Live
> does not work very well at all.  I have used the same log on and set up specs
> for both Windows Live Mails.  ON the XP machine it automatically updated WLM
> with all of the stuff from Outlook Express.  So when I signed on to the
> Windows7 machine I get an entirely different WLM program.  I expected to see
> the same contact list and the same storage folders,  but no the contact list
> was empty and there were no storage folders at all on the Windows7 machine.
> What am I doing wrong?

Windows Live Mail has two methods of storing the contacts and email
folder. If you use a Windows Live account, WLM will update your
contacts / email folder from the WLM servers.

If you use WLM for standard email account provided by most Internet
service providers (ISP) you will need to copy the local folders /
contacts between the two Windows versions / PCs.

Also, Windows Live accounts (????@hotmail.com, ????@live.com, ????
@msn.com) are really only supposed to be used on one system at a time.
From: Peter Foldes on
{crossposted to the windows.live.mail.desktop}
--
Peter

From: Gleaf2 on
I too have a new laptop with Windows 7 and am having all sorts of problems
with Live Mail. Is there any way all these problems can be drawn to the
attention of Microsoft?

From: Ildhund on
"Gleaf2" <Gleaf2(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:203DF4CD-3944-4ECC-A091-167D335B11E2(a)microsoft.com...
> I too have a new laptop with Windows 7 and am having all sorts of problems with Live Mail. Is there any way all these problems can be drawn to the attention of Microsoft?

There is a lot of expertise about Windows Live Mail in the newsgroup this has been crossposted to, so feel free to post here.

The last week has seen more MS server errors than I remember seeing for many years. The best way to get MS support to look at your problems is to post in the forum at http://windowslivehelp.com, where all the first-line Windows Live support staff are on duty. Some of them at least are able to reset accounts on the Hotmail servers, if that is what's needed. This new site has also been having major outages the last couple of days, so you may have to be patient. One can't help wondering whether this is the result of a concerted hacker attack designed to coincide with Mix.
--
Noel