From: Todd Allcock on
At 26 Dec 2009 19:01:56 +1100 Marts wrote:
> Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen wrote...
>
> > They have stated right at the beginning (two years ago when they
started
> > selling the 110/210) that they wouldn't release any major OS upgrades
for
> > them. This is why they haven't even released 6.1, let alone 6.5.
>
> Doesn't surprise me.
>
> It's life is limited, now anyway.
>
> 2010 will see a plethora of new smartphones, all non-Windows Mob based,
released
> onto the market.
>
> The Motorola Droid likes like an excellent replacement for the WM based
iPaq.

Depends on your needs I guess. Android looks promising, but so far it's
pretty weak in the Outlook sync department. If you mostly rely on Google
cloud services (GMail, GooCal, etc.) it's probably the right device for
you.

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
I've looked arond at Brighthand and XDA-Devs - couldn't find anything.
(Unlike with the, in this regard, far better [cooker community-]supported
iPAQ 21x.)

Let us know if anyone find anything.

"Manuel" <manuel(a)leucartoons.com> wrote in news:ea94ZSvgKHA.1536
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

From: Beverly Howard on
My experimentation with Google contacts has generally been very
positive... the only major issue for my is that they are not currently
supporting categories sync even though they are supported in google
contacts.

otoh, google calendar sync is much nicer than outlook, plus it offers
sms/email notification options along with the possibility to share it
although general calendar sharing is not yet implemented.

One bottom line is that it's nice to be able to sit down at any computer
to access contacts and calendar plus have it push sync with winmobile.

Beverly Howard
From: Todd Allcock on

"Beverly Howard" <BevNoSpam(a)BevHoward.com> wrote in message
> My experimentation with Google contacts has generally been very
> positive... the only major issue for my is that they are not currently
> supporting categories sync even though they are supported in google
> contacts.
>
> otoh, google calendar sync is much nicer than outlook, plus it offers
> sms/email notification options along with the possibility to share it
> although general calendar sharing is not yet implemented.
>
> One bottom line is that it's nice to be able to sit down at any computer
> to access contacts and calendar plus have it push sync with winmobile.
>
> Beverly Howard

My only negative with it when I tried it was that Google automatically
sorted all of my business contacts that also had individuals named in them
by Last Name, First Name rather than by Company Name. Friends and family
contacts that I include the companies they work for I like to sort by last
name, of course, but for the contacts of my business' vendors, for example,
I like to file by the business name, but keep the name of my sales rep or
contact listed within the contact. Not a deal breaker, but slightly
annoying- I want the Acme Widget company filed under "A", not "S" just
because my rep's name is Bob Smith.

A workaround was to move the reps' names to the "Notes" field, but my
permanent solution was to go back to using Funambol, which respects the
settings of the Outlook "File As" field.

For those of us that like using Outlook, Funambol servers also have a web
interface that allows you to access calendar and contacts from any PC, like
Google Calendar/Contacts does.

From: Beverly Howard on
>> by Last Name, First Name rather than by Company Name. <<

Sorta like windows mobile... and... sorta like windows mobile, the
google search/filter is pretty damm instant and, once I got used to that
and the group selection, it has not been an issue for me.

Beverly Howard