From: Joe H. Joe on

"Ernst Klamer" wrote:

> PA BEAR, thank you for your response and the link. I've sent an email
> to Microsoft. I hope they can help me. If I have a solution, I will
> post it here.

Add me to the list. Having this issue since MS offered this update. Tried
installing it alone and still not work. Update History shows the manual
install as successful, but also shows the AutoInstall as failed. What is MS
thinking? The same update is shown BOTH failed & successful. I've already
sent email. Hopefully, MS realizes that this is a problem for many.

Machine specs: Vista Ultimate, Quadcore Q6600.
From: Ernst Klamer on
So far, no luck. I received some emails from microsoft, trying to
reset windows update. But still no luck. Today I didn't receive an
email from microsoft, but hopefully tomorrow. Like Joe H., I also have
the manaul update installed successfully, but the autoinstall is still
indicated as failed. I will keep you informed, when I receive more
info from microsoft.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Joe H. wrote:
> "Ernst Klamer" wrote:
>> PA BEAR, thank you for your response and the link. I've sent an email
>> to Microsoft. I hope they can help me. If I have a solution, I will
>> post it here.
>
> Add me to the list. Having this issue since MS offered this update.
> Tried
> installing it alone and still not work. Update History shows the manual
> install as successful, but also shows the AutoInstall as failed. What is
> MS
> thinking? The same update is shown BOTH failed & successful. I've
> already
> sent email. Hopefully, MS realizes that this is a problem for many.
>
> Machine specs: Vista Ultimate, Quadcore Q6600.

And did YOU open a free support incident, too? If users don't report such
problems, MS may never fix it! (Generally speaking, no one from MS monitors
this peer-to-peer support newsgroup.)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Thank you, Ernst.

From: gadya on
I am having the identical problem!
I tried to log a support call as recommended but the support site was
inaccessible (after login)!
--
Victor