From: simon on
Just great. I have dual boot with Grub on a single disk. Can't really bypass
grub... I'm gonna toy around but it looks like I'm going for new clean
install and I hate it.

From: simon on
I had dual boot with grub. Linux and Vista on the same hard-disk. Grub
chainloaded the vista bootloader.

This is my fix to it:
Download and use EasyBCD to restore the Vista Bootlader in the MBR, or if
necessary use the Vista recovery dvd as well.
Use EasyBCD to add a record to the vista bootloader pointing to my linux
root/boot partition and let it install the neogrub bootloader.
Also use EasyBCD to set the vista bootloader timeout to like 5secs so I
don't have to actively select OS or wait 30secs

All set to go. Vista loader does the master booting and the updates are
happy and install successfully. Vista loader also points to linux "grub"
loader which points to linux, linux failsafe AND back to vista ;P (from when
grub was still the primary loader).

It's a bit more complex/redundant than the reverse setup (grub pointing to
the vista bootloader) and I might switch back now that the updates ares set.