From: Tomás Crespo Tom�s on
Hi !! I have this problem. I have a Host Windows 7 and a Guess MS-DOS 6.22 +
Windows 3.11

The host have a USB printer connected and working (HP LaserJet 3380) and
shared.

The Windows 3.11 (guess) have networking ok, I can share files with the host
and I see the printer.

But... there is no driver for windows 3.11 !!!

How to install this shared printer in Windows 3.11??? Is ther any tip? PS
universal driver or something?

Thanks
From: Andrew Morton on
Tom�s Crespo wrote:
> Hi !! I have this problem. I have a Host Windows 7 and a Guess MS-DOS
> 6.22 + Windows 3.11
>
> The host have a USB printer connected and working (HP LaserJet 3380)
> and shared.
>
> The Windows 3.11 (guess) have networking ok, I can share files with
> the host and I see the printer.
>
> But... there is no driver for windows 3.11 !!!
>
> How to install this shared printer in Windows 3.11??? Is ther any
> tip? PS universal driver or something?

You could try the Windows 3.11drivers for a LaserJet 6 and see if that
works. You may have to lie to something somewhere about what the actual
attached printer is.

--
Andrew

From: Bill Grant on

"Andrew Morton" <akm(a)in-press.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> Tom�s Crespo wrote:
>> Hi !! I have this problem. I have a Host Windows 7 and a Guess MS-DOS
>> 6.22 + Windows 3.11
>>
>> The host have a USB printer connected and working (HP LaserJet 3380)
>> and shared.
>>
>> The Windows 3.11 (guess) have networking ok, I can share files with
>> the host and I see the printer.
>>
>> But... there is no driver for windows 3.11 !!!
>>
>> How to install this shared printer in Windows 3.11??? Is ther any
>> tip? PS universal driver or something?
>
> You could try the Windows 3.11drivers for a LaserJet 6 and see if that
> works. You may have to lie to something somewhere about what the actual
> attached printer is.
>
> --
> Andrew

I expect that you will have a problem finding a driver. USB wasn't around
in the 3.11 era!
You are looking at a twenty year old OS.