From: Bill Grant on

"BeterHans PAN" <beterhans(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Win7 Laptop with virtual pc 2007 installed
> only 1 virtual machine (Windows xp)
>
> I for company business, I need to use VPN + McAfee pack and OutLook 2003.
> and the VPN + McAfee only support winxp system.
> so this is why I need this virtual machine
>
> I need to share the Data file for My Exchange mail box for outlook between
> the real one and the virtual one.
>
> from the start. I think network sharing should be work.
> and i have to use the NAT Method to connect (Our company use a write list
> of mac address)
> yes it worked! I mapped a network driver in my virtual machine from my
> real laptop. But when I dial the VPN, the NAT network goes down. I can
> never reach my real machine in my virtual machine :(
>
> so is there anyway can share the data file without network?

That is the way VPN connections work. A VPN is a secure connection
between the VPN client and the VPN server. The VPN connection is designed to
prevent other machines from using the connection. In your case the host is
one of those other machines.

From: Steve Jain [MVP] on
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:09:42 +0800, BeterHans PAN
<beterhans(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>I have a Win7 Laptop with virtual pc 2007 installed
>only 1 virtual machine (Windows xp)
>
>I for company business, I need to use VPN + McAfee pack and OutLook
>2003. and the VPN + McAfee only support winxp system.
>so this is why I need this virtual machine
>
>I need to share the Data file for My Exchange mail box for outlook
>between the real one and the virtual one.
>
>from the start. I think network sharing should be work.
>and i have to use the NAT Method to connect (Our company use a write
>list of mac address)
>yes it worked! I mapped a network driver in my virtual machine from my
>real laptop. But when I dial the VPN, the NAT network goes down. I can
>never reach my real machine in my virtual machine :(
>
>so is there anyway can share the data file without network?

Yes, you set up a loopback adapter on the host, then configure the VM
to use it as its NIC and you will be able to have host-guest
communication. IIRC, there is a detailed help file in VPC for this.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP