From: Karl G Karl on
I am at my wits end. I am running XP SP3 and a Virtual machine Running Win
Server 2003. I have tried everything from loopback adapters, local only, ICS,
etc. and I can not get my host to see my guest and vice versa. When I set the
Network settings in Virtual PC to use my Wireless Adapter or my LAN adapter I
can ping the router from both machines but not each other. My current
settings are...

HOST: Loopback Adapter 192.168.5.1, MASK 255.255.255.0, No gateway
VM: LAN Adapter 192.168.5.2 MASK 255.255.255.0, No gateway

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I really need to get this to work for
an new job I am starting next week. Thanks in advance.
From: Bill Grant on

"Karl G" <Karl G(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am at my wits end. I am running XP SP3 and a Virtual machine Running Win
> Server 2003. I have tried everything from loopback adapters, local only,
> ICS,
> etc. and I can not get my host to see my guest and vice versa. When I set
> the
> Network settings in Virtual PC to use my Wireless Adapter or my LAN
> adapter I
> can ping the router from both machines but not each other. My current
> settings are...
>
> HOST: Loopback Adapter 192.168.5.1, MASK 255.255.255.0, No gateway
> VM: LAN Adapter 192.168.5.2 MASK 255.255.255.0, No gateway
>
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I really need to get this to work
> for
> an new job I am starting next week. Thanks in advance.

The IP addresses are fine. Have you linked the NIC in the vm to the
virtual network associated with the loopback adapter (ie select the loopback
adapter from the dropdown list)?

From: Karl G Karl on
yes i have selected the loopback adapter in vm 2007 as the network adapter to
use.

From: Karl G on
Bill,

I assume you mean to select the loopback adapter in VPC 2007 under the
network settings?

From: Karl G on
One more peice. When I ping the host from the guest I get "no reply". When I
ping the guest from the host I get "Destination unreachable". Thanks so much
for any help.