From: LD55ZRA on
Andy Siegel wrote:

>Does anyone know if there are plans for XP SP4? I just installed XP SP3 and
>ran the Windows Updates and needed 72 updates (on the first pass). I know we
>should go to Win7, but we have a lot of XP out there.
>
>Thank you,

Unlikely but I don't think you are going to miss it because Microsoft
patches are patches for the sake of creating jobs for programmers who
wouldn't have anything else to do. The only patch you should look out
for is in April 1914 when Microsoft would be required to issue a
non-activation tool for Windows XP. If they don't, then look out for
a class action by users of Windows XP.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

From: LD55ZRA on
LD55ZRA wrote:

> Andy Siegel wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if there are plans for XP SP4? I just installed XP
>> SP3 and ran the Windows Updates and needed 72 updates (on the first
>> pass). I know we should go to Win7, but we have a lot of XP out there.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>

> Unlikely but I don't think you are going to miss it because Microsoft
> patches are patches for the sake of creating jobs for programmers who
> wouldn't have anything else to do. The only patch you should look out
> for is in April 1914 when Microsoft would be required to issue a
> non-activation tool for Windows XP. If they don't, then look out
> for a class action by users of Windows XP.
>
> hth

The above date should be read as 14 April 2014. Also, there is
absolutely no point in installing any updates post SP3 because there is
no evidence they make your system any better or increase the level of
security.

I have not installed any and I have completely blocked all Windows and
Office Updates reaching none of the systems under my control.

hth

From: Unknown on
Still playing stupid I see. Well, you're winning.

From: Unknown on
How can you state the following? Wouldn't it be beneficial to release a
service pack
to tie up all the loose ends?

.. All you get now are
functional updates that are either considered part of security updates or
can be applied to code branches for their newer and supported versions;
however, those won't get rolled into a service pack.

From: VanguardLH on
Unknown wrote:

> How can you state the following? Wouldn't it be beneficial to release a
> service pack
> to tie up all the loose ends?
>
> . All you get now are
> functional updates that are either considered part of security updates or
> can be applied to code branches for their newer and supported versions;
> however, those won't get rolled into a service pack.

When you own 51% of Microsoft's stock then you can tell them what YOU would
like them to do.