From: Peter Foldes on
shoutman

If the 21a error was caused during a browsing session as with you then look at the
following

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318666&sd=RMVP

--
Peter

From: shoutman on

LKGC?

And sorry yea it is a typo, meant to be in a instead of the s.

I'll try the manual restore when I get home.

It is xp home edition I believe, definately not pro anyway, and I
hadn't installed any new software recently, but the windows update packs
are automatically downloaded from microsoft so I may have downloaded one
very recently without realising.

thanks for the suggestions.

From: Daave on
shoutman wrote:
> LKGC?

L:KGC = Last Known Good Configuration

> And sorry yea it is a typo, meant to be in a instead of the s.
>
> I'll try the manual restore when I get home.
>
> It is xp home edition I believe, definately not pro anyway, and I
> hadn't installed any new software recently, but the windows update
> packs are automatically downloaded from microsoft so I may have
> downloaded one very recently without realising.
>
> thanks for the suggestions.

YW.

From: philo on
shoutman wrote:
> shoutman;4657150 Wrote:
>> Can I do a ram test without booting windows?
>
> Did a rem test using mem86 and it showed up as being no errors or
> problems.

Though the RAM could still be bad...if you let it run for at least a few
hours...it's probably OK

I'd run the harddrive diagnostic next
From: shoutman on

I was browsing with google chrome but will give the update a go when i
get home anyway.