From: Dustin Cook on
George Orwell <nobody(a)mixmaster.it> wrote in

> Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years.
> Heaven forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that
> you would all commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.

I haven't seen an actual "virus" in several years now. virus resistance
relies too much on educated users. As educated users are not the norm, and
the uneducated lemmings are, even the shills have nothing to worry about
anytime soon. It's not doomsday for Antivirus companies today.

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

From: Dustin Cook on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in

> David Kaye wrote:
>
>> I don't respond to each and every comment by everyone, especially
>> someone who hides behind a pseudonym. Feel lucky that you got a
>> response from me at all.
>
> Ha! You already did. You think "George Orwell" is the poster's name
> you responded to?

Newbies typically do. :)

> And still: Linux on that server is not responsible for you getting
> yourself infected. I guess now you're not going to bother to tell us
> the link to the page...

Some people do not handle humility well.

From: Dave Cohen on
On 1/25/2010 10:38 PM, Dustin Cook wrote:
> George Orwell<nobody(a)mixmaster.it> wrote in
>
>> Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years.
>> Heaven forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that
>> you would all commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.
>
> I haven't seen an actual "virus" in several years now. virus resistance
> relies too much on educated users. As educated users are not the norm, and
> the uneducated lemmings are, even the shills have nothing to worry about
> anytime soon. It's not doomsday for Antivirus companies today.

You're probably correct, I never see a virus. I do occasionally get a
warning about a site I'm about to enter. I always exit.
Curious as to why people are so quick to defend their favorite os. It's
not like they wrote the thing so why take it so personal.
From: David Kaye on
Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Newbies typically do. :)

I'm no newbie to Usenet. I respond to what I feel are worthwhile posts.
That's all.

From: Dustin Cook on
Dave Cohen <user(a)example.net> wrote in

> On 1/25/2010 10:38 PM, Dustin Cook wrote:
>> George Orwell<nobody(a)mixmaster.it> wrote in
>>
>>> Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years.
>>> Heaven forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that
>>> you would all commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.
>>
>> I haven't seen an actual "virus" in several years now. virus
>> resistance relies too much on educated users. As educated users are
>> not the norm, and the uneducated lemmings are, even the shills have
>> nothing to worry about anytime soon. It's not doomsday for Antivirus
>> companies today.
>>

> You're probably correct, I never see a virus. I do occasionally get a
> warning about a site I'm about to enter. I always exit.
> Curious as to why people are so quick to defend their favorite os.
> It's not like they wrote the thing so why take it so personal.

It reminds me of the chevy vs ford discussions. :)

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: LOCKERZ INVITE