From: George Orwell on
Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years.
Heaven forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that
you would all commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.

https://www.mixmaster.it

From: FromTheRafters on
"George Orwell" <nobody(a)mixmaster.it> wrote in message
> Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years.
> Heaven forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that
> you would all commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.

How would Microsoft become virus resistant?

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
FromTheRafters wrote:

> "George Orwell" <nobody(a)mixmaster.it> wrote:
>> Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years. Heaven
>> forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that you would all
>> commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.
>
> How would Microsoft become virus resistant?

Buy Canonical for a hundred billion pounds and name it Microbuntu?

--
-bts
-Could. Not. Resist.
From: David Kaye on
George Orwell <nobody(a)mixmaster.it> wrote:

>Some of you have been shilling AV products here for years.
>Heaven forbid Microsoft become virus resistant for fear that
>you would all commit suicide like a bunch of lemmings.

One of the latest infections is served up by Linux web servers exploiting a
Javascript flaw in Adobe Acrobat. So, it's not just Windows.

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
David Kaye wrote:

> One of the latest infections is served up by Linux web servers
> exploiting a Javascript flaw in Adobe Acrobat. So, it's not just
> Windows.

You posted that same information in another post last evening in
alt.comp.virus group.

"However, I just picked up malware (a variant of Antivirus 2010) via a
Linux hosted website. It was a Javascript embedded in a PDF file."

Please explain why you think this is a Linux problem or vulnerability?
Wouldn't you think the answer to the "infected PDF" would be to stop
using Windows Adobe Reader and replace it with something not affected? A
bit of googling also suggests that the Adobe vulnerability was fixed in
late 2008.

You could also uninstall Adobe Reader and try FoxItReader v 3.
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

Linux has nothing to do with this problem.

--
-bts
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4