First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
IPhone coming to Verizon in January
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 15:01:44 -0700, in <PKGdnTjDt4TO8LfRnZ2dnUVZ_jCdnZ2d(a)posted.southvalleyinternet>, Roy <aa4re(a)aa4re.ampr.org> wrote: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/iphone-coming-to-verizon-in-january-report-2010-06-29?dist=afterbell Yet another anonymous rumor. Forgive me for not holding my breath. ;) ... 29 Jun 2010 18:29
NEWS: Clash of the Titans: The Battle To Become The Mobile Search Leader
<http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/27/mobile-search-clash/> SECTIONS: Apple: In The Driver�s Seat Yahoo! Doesn�t Know What It Wants To Be It�s Google�s Game To Lose Hello, Bing! Advertising as a Distribution Channel Boom! Bing Changes the Game ... 29 Jun 2010 12:56
Do gas-filled windows block wireless signal?
Wireless broadband was always marginal here (at least one mile from the tower, with trees in the line of sight ) and became impossible the day the windows were replaced with modern "Energy Star" units, double-pane sealed units filled with gas (either argon or krypton, I forget which.) I could not be sure of the ... 2 Jul 2010 02:35
higher speed with wireless than wired!
I have a router, and I'm hoping someday to have a little home network. No time to work on that now, but I'm happy that the wired and wireless connections work. In the computer on my desk, 2 or 3 feet as the wire goes, from the router, I get a 100.0 Mbps connection. Today I noticed that the computer in the ... 28 Jun 2010 22:44
NEWS: What iPhone? Here Come FOUR MORE Android Phones From Samsung
One of Google Android's strengths relative to Apple's iPhone -- at least from a market share and platform adoption perspective -- is that it's quickly getting sprayed everywhere. The latest: Four more Android smartphones from Samsung, which were just announced for all four major U.S. wireless carriers. They're al... 21 Jul 2010 00:30
NEWS: Will iPhone 4's woes help Android?
The iPhone 4's reported problems may scare prospective iPhone buyers over to Android. Posted by Seth Weintraub As my colleague, Phillip Elmer-DeWitt reported this weekend, the iPhone 4 has a significant issue that might be able to be fixed with a software update, it might not. We'll see. But that's only on... 28 Jun 2010 13:54
OFCOM report on PLT's (Home Plug Networking)
12 Conclusions and recommendations This study has examined the likelihood and extent of RF interference from in-home PLT devices over the next 5 to 10 years via two main routes; radiated emissions directly from the PLT user's home and interference from indirect PLT powerline radiation via a shared mains connect... 29 Jun 2010 15:09
NEWS: Obama to sign memorandum today to auction 500 MHz of spectrum for mobile broadband and similar
The Obama administration is seeking to nearly double the wireless communications spectrum available for commercial use over the next 10 years, an effort that could greatly enhance the ability of consumers to send and receive video and data with smartphones and other hand-held devices. President Obama will sign a... 28 Jun 2010 11:41
Steel windows and wireless
Wireless broadband is marginal here, viz. fails for 5 min. to 12 hours once a month or so, and no one knows why (est. 1 or 1.5 miles to the nearest cell phone tower.) As soon as vinyl (-clad steel) windows were installed, replacing all-wood windows, reception became no good (ISP's wireless modem scanning all the... 26 Jun 2010 20:39
NEWS: US lawmakers grill Apple on location tracking change
US lawmakers are grilling Steve Jobs over recent tweaks to Apple's privacy policy allowing the company and its partners to collect and share "precise location data" of all iTunes and App Store customers. US Representatives Edward J. Markey and Joe Barton, the co-chairs of the House Bi-Partisan Privacy Caucus, sen... 26 Jun 2010 16:17