From: Swampfox on
My sister needs wireless net access, she doesn't have a land line.
She lives in inner Melbourne, 3 k's or so from the CBD.
She doesn't need much bandwidth, a bit of web browsing and email is all, no
music or movie downloads, online games or anything else much, 1 Gb per month
should be plenty.
Can anyone recommend a reliable ISP with good value pre paid access?
Thanks.

From: Fred on

" Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF "
<""theretardedfuckwit\"@kangarooistan.com.au is a stupid arselifting troll
.."> wrote in message news:0380f318$0$1355$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com...
> Swampfox wrote:
>> My sister needs wireless net access, she doesn't have a land line.
>> She lives in inner Melbourne, 3 k's or so from the CBD.
>> She doesn't need much bandwidth, a bit of web browsing and email is all,
>> no music or movie downloads, online games or anything else much, 1 Gb per
>> month should be plenty.
>> Can anyone recommend a reliable ISP with good value pre paid access?
>
> Tell her to try Virgin Wireless. That way she can think of you as she
> surfs.

Yes, but compared to resold bundled plans on the Optus network it's not such
good value unless you buy a 10Gb 365 day expiry recharge voucher for $149.
Thats after forking out $89 for a usb modem with included 2GB data with a 30
day expiry
http://www.virginmobile.com.au/broadband/pre-paid-mobile-broadband/

From: idgat on
On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:07:08 +1100, "Swampfox" <noidea(a)whocares.com>
wrote:

>My sister needs wireless net access, she doesn't have a land line.
>She lives in inner Melbourne, 3 k's or so from the CBD.
>She doesn't need much bandwidth, a bit of web browsing and email is all, no
>music or movie downloads, online games or anything else much, 1 Gb per month
>should be plenty.
>Can anyone recommend a reliable ISP with good value pre paid access?
>Thanks.

All you'd ever want to know ... and more!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/92
--
idgat
Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
From: Swampfox on
Andy wrote:
> Swampfox wrote:
>
>> My sister needs wireless net access, she doesn't have a land line.
>> She lives in inner Melbourne, 3 k's or so from the CBD.
>> She doesn't need much bandwidth, a bit of web browsing and email is
>> all, no music or movie downloads, online games or anything else
>> much, 1 Gb per month should be plenty.
>
> OK.
>
>> Can anyone recommend a reliable ISP with good value pre paid access?
>
> For wireless? No.
>
> "Reliable" and "good value" don't belong in the same sentence as
> "wireless net access" sorry.
>
> Wired ADSL/ADSL2+ is leaps and bounds ahead on both counts.

Thanks Andy, but as I said she doesn't have a landline and the Optus cable
isn't in her street and even if it was the cheapest cable plan is way more
than she needs so wired access isn't an option.
I realise that wireless internet is inferior but she's close to a tower and
doesn't need much bandwidth and I thought there may be some people who had
tried it out in Melbourne.
She's definately going to go with it, I'm just looking for some feedback.

From: Swampfox on
idgat wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Feb 2010 17:07:08 +1100, "Swampfox" <noidea(a)whocares.com>
> wrote:
>
>> My sister needs wireless net access, she doesn't have a land line.
>> She lives in inner Melbourne, 3 k's or so from the CBD.
>> She doesn't need much bandwidth, a bit of web browsing and email is
>> all, no music or movie downloads, online games or anything else
>> much, 1 Gb per month should be plenty.
>> Can anyone recommend a reliable ISP with good value pre paid access?
>> Thanks.
>>

> All you'd ever want to know ... and more!
>
> http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum/92

Thanks, I'll have a look.