From: Phillip Jones on
Tim McNamara wrote:
> My HP laser printer, a 1012, works great with my Airport Express base
> station.

I have an older HP 990cse inkjet that works great on my airport express

--
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pjones1(a)kimbanet.com
From: Xavier Llobet on
In article
<tkettler-88FF20.19140725072010(a)62-183-169-81.bb.dnainternet.fi>,
"Thomas R. Kettler" <tkettler(a)blownfuse.net> wrote:

> In article <siegman-27A77D.16073125072010(a)sciid-srv02.med.tufts.edu>,
> AES <siegman(a)stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> > I'd appreciate product recommendations for a wireless, low-volume, B&W
> > laser printer for a home office, to replace two ancient but apparently
> > indestructible Apple LaserWriter II and hp LaserJet 6MP printers that I
> > gather will become doorstops when I upgrade from Tiger to SL and from
> > Cat-45 Direct Ethernet cabling to Airport. Criteria:
> >
> > * B&W only, no color
> >
> > * Modest volume: few dozen to few hundred pages/day
> >
> > * No "All-in-one" scanner/copier/fax capabilities needed, or wanted
> >
> > * Multiple feed trays, duplex printing OK but also not really needed
> >
> > * Initial cost secondary -- but reasonable operating cost important
> >
> > * Reliability, durability important
> >
> > * Good PostScript handling, good resolution also important
> >
> > * Store-bought -- no eBay or CraigsList
> >
> > Suggestions much appreciated . . .
>
> I think Brother printer are at the top in terms of reliability.
>
> Given your requirements, this would fit:
>
> <http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/modeldetail.aspx?PRODUCTID=hl5370dw>
>
> Here are their other B&W laser printers:
>
> <http://www.brother-usa.com/Printer/BW_Monochrome_Laser_Printers/>

I've had a Brother HL-5280DW at home for quite a time, no problems. The
model mentioned above is its replacement, so I'd expect it to be as good.

_x.

--
Only one "o" in my e-mail address
From: Vincent Parry on
On 7/25/10 10:34 PM, Phillip Jones wrote:
> Tim McNamara wrote:
>> My HP laser printer, a 1012, works great with my Airport Express base
>> station.
>>
> I have an older HP 990cse inkjet that works great on my airport express

One wonders-- the OP is looking for a laser printer...and you tell him
about your ink jet???
From: Fred Moore on
In article
<elmop-72FE34.05565126072010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.exam
ple.com>,
"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <elmop(a)nastydesigns.com> wrote:

> In article <siegman-27A77D.16073125072010(a)sciid-srv02.med.tufts.edu>,
> AES <siegman(a)stanford.edu> wrote:
>
> > I'd appreciate product recommendations for a wireless, low-volume, B&W
> > laser printer for a home office,
>
> Get a Brother. Rock solid, cheap consumables, superb Mac support.

While I like and would also recommend the Brothers, I have not found the
consumables to be cheap. Toner cartridges for the HL 4070 are slightly
less expensive (street price) than, say, the old HP 4500, but only print
about half as many pages.
From: aRKay on
In article <siegman-27A77D.16073125072010(a)sciid-srv02.med.tufts.edu>,
AES <siegman(a)stanford.edu> wrote:
Over a year ago I purchased a Samsung ML-2240 and it has been great. They
make a wireless version. I have the Samsung connected to my iMac and
my wife prints via our LAD from her MacBook Pro.

I thought the replacement cartridge was expensive but it has lasted for
a year and is still going strong.

If it were to die today, I would buy another just like it