From: Mike on
Most of the laptops are Dell, which have been using Dell's built in
wireless networking & (obviously), the Windows utility has been
disabled.
Would/could/should the windows utilty give me better results?
I have also noticed quite a few wireless network entries, as these
guys travel quite a bit.
I'm assuming cleaning these out wouldn't hurt either.

From: smlunatick on
On Mar 12, 8:41 pm, "Jack [MVP-Networking]" <j...(a)discussiongroup.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> > > Brands tend to be more expensive than the others regardless of quality.
> > > They
> > > cost more because the Brand spend more money on marketing.
> > > If you want solid service you should buy for an office environment SOHO
> > > Router and professional Access Point.
> > > Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).
>
> > > "Mike" <texan...(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have seen incredible connecting / connection problems with both D-
> Link and Linksys routers in general.  This is because these are low
> end wireless (enterprise models are usually more reliable but
> extremely expensive) all tend to be shipped with the same "default"
> settings:
>
> Channel 6
> No wireless security (no WEP or WPA(2) settings)
> same default passwords across the model line.
>
> I have had better experience with Netgear router myself.

I was stating a "fact" the in general, I have had better "experience"
with Netgear router products across the "majority" of the products. I
have bad experience with a lot of Linksys products and incredible
"poor" responses with D-Link products in general.