From: BarossaBill on
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am using Office 7 Home, which does not
include Outlook. If I try to use Mail Merge for e-mail in Word or
Publisher, it states that I can only use this with Outlook. Windows 7 comes
with Windows Live Mail, and not Outlook. Is Outlook or Outlook Express
available as a separate download, or is there any way Word or Publisher can
be set to use Live Mail?
--
Novice User
From: Gordon on

"BarossaBill" <BarossaBill(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have upgraded to Windows 7 and am using Office 7 Home, which does not
> include Outlook. If I try to use Mail Merge for e-mail in Word or
> Publisher, it states that I can only use this with Outlook. Windows 7
> comes
> with Windows Live Mail, and not Outlook. Is Outlook or Outlook Express
> available as a separate download, or is there any way Word or Publisher
> can
> be set to use Live Mail?
> --
> Novice User

Outlook IS available separately - you will probably find that buying a full
suite in the first place would have been cheaper than buying the two parts.
However, AFAIK if you do buy Outlook separately, you won't have the mail
merge function anyway because installing a separate version means that a lot
of integration is missing. (I stand to be corrected on that!)

And no, AFAIK you can't use WLM for mail merge and OE won't run on Windows
7.