From: Phildo on

"Sean Conolly" <sjconolly_98(a)yaaho.com> wrote in message
> "George's Pro Sound Co." <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> "We got our own sound guy"
>>
>> strikes fear deep into my soul!!!
>> george
>
> I'm sure you've seen acts where the sound guy is just as integral as any
> one else in the band. Flying in effects, punching in samples at the right
> moment (e.g. "Cult of Personality"), full mutes on a fast break, these are
> things that need to be rehearsed as part of the show.

Too bloody right. I can see where George is coming from though. There are
three types of band out there.

1) Rank amateurs who don't care enough about what they do to carry their own
engineer.
2) Rank amateurs who don't care enough about what they do pay for an
engineer so get a mate in to do their sound that doesn't actually know much
about sound engineering.
3) Bands who are professional enough to hire a decent engineer and pay him
to rehearrse with them then do their sound, knowing that what the engineer
does is every bit as important as what they are doing on stage.

Seems like George has mostly encountered 1 & 2.

Phildo

From: Phildo on

>so the town enacted a noise limit of 120dB at the property edge, a mile and
>a half from the stage !!!!

Sounds about right for a Ted Nugent gig !!!

Phildo