From: John Inzer on
Graham Simmonds wrote:
> Hello John, I have a question that may be related or not ...time will
> tell. but I uploaded from my digital video camera using the Vista
> version of movie maker. It is a process I have done many times using
> the bundled XP version. However when I attempt to edit the content
> using the XP version all I can playback inside a timeline editor is
> the soundtrack. It wont display the picture. I can play the same
> content back without any problems from the imported video display
> video..but dropping it into the timeline only the soundtrack is heard
> with a black window...
> I would love your thoughts...I am hoping it is not a XP vs Vista
> issue and if so I suspect that there is no upgrade to do other than
> upgrading the OS...
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Graham
=================================
I guess it could be a codec issue or even a
video driver issue but why not try converting the
file to .wmv and see if there is an improvement.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Gary Wayne Gary on
Hello John, I think I am having a similar issue but I'm not sure...I created
a movie and it plays back fine. After I save it, shut down the computer,
restart the computer and reopen the file to edit, all of my pictures and
songs show up as boxes with big red X's and I can not replay the movie. Am I
doing something wrong when I save the movie? Please help. Thanks Gary

From: Gord Dibben on
What file type are you saving as?

When creating a project it will be a *.mswmm which only has pointers to your
source pictures and music.

Save after as a movie or *.wmv file which embeds the pictures and music into
the file.

Sounds like you are trying to play a *.mswmm and have moved or deleted the
source files.

Gord

From: Graham Hughes on
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutorials/MovieMaker/HowToSaveDV-AVI.htm

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

From: alpha123 on

I had the same problem with orignal poster bicuckoo there. After saving
it, the widoe just remains still and audio keeps playing. I have tried
all, from trimming to small videos then saving and put together, but
still same happens.

Also did converting the orignal .mov file to .wmv still same result.

this video has been off and on working at it since 2008, close to
loosing my senses.

Is there any other solution?

thanks in advance.

-----------------------
SOLUTION ANSWER
Might be worth a try to convert the .flv file to the .wmv
format and try again.

The following freeware can do the conversion:

(FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
Restore point before installing software or updates)

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
----------------------
ORIGINAL POST
I convert flv file into avi, then import succesfully in movie maker.
And my project shows fine in Movie Maker but after I save the movie file
to my
computer, and open it in windows media player, the video portion of the
file
does not show, only hear the sound.

Any suggestions on what to do, I tried this on two different computers
and get the same result. I dont receive any errors but I guess something
is up with the avi video file.

Please kindly help! thanks

--
alpha123