From: bicuckoo on

I convert flv file into avi, then import succesfully in movie maker.
And my project shows fine in Movie Maker but after I save the movie file
to my
computer, and open it in windows media player, the video portion of the
file
does not show, only hear the sound.

Any suggestions on what to do, I tried this on two different computers
and get the same result. I dont receive any errors but I guess something
is up with the avi video file.

Please kindly help! thanks

--
bicuckoo
bicuckoo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/150585.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: John Inzer on
bicuckoo wrote:
> I convert flv file into avi, then import succesfully in movie maker.
> And my project shows fine in Movie Maker but after I save the movie
> file to my
> computer, and open it in windows media player, the video portion of
> the file
> does not show, only hear the sound.
>
> Any suggestions on what to do, I tried this on two different computers
> and get the same result. I dont receive any errors but I guess
> something is up with the avi video file.
>
> Please kindly help! thanks
Might be worth a try to convert the .flv file to the .wmv
format and try again.

The following freeware can do the conversion:

(FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
Restore point before installing software or updates)

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/
(FWIW...you may want to uncheck
all the boxes on the final screen)

After downloading and installing Format Factory...
open the program and choose an Output Folder...
(this is where you will find your files after they are
converted)

Drag/drop your video clips onto the main screen...

Select 'All to ???' / OK...
(the ??? represents your choice of format)

Click...Start...on the toolbar...

That should do it...

Good luck...

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: bicuckoo on

Oh! thanks so much!
It works. I converted the flv into wmw through your given free
software, it works in movie maker and movie output...super.

From: John Inzer on
bicuckoo wrote:
> Oh! thanks so much!
> It works. I converted the flv into wmw through your given free
> software, it works in movie maker and movie output...super.
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

From: Graham Simmonds Graham on
Hello John, I have a question that may be related or not ...time will tell.
but I uploaded from my digital video camera using the Vista version of movie
maker. It is a process I have done many times using the bundled XP version.
However when I attempt to edit the content using the XP version all I can
playback inside a timeline editor is the soundtrack. It wont display the
picture. I can play the same content back without any problems from the
imported video display video..but dropping it into the timeline only the
soundtrack is heard with a black window...
I would love your thoughts...I am hoping it is not a XP vs Vista issue and
if so I suspect that there is no upgrade to do other than upgrading the OS...

Thanks in advance

Graham