From: EDARANGO on
I hope someone can help me. I've got the whole Office Suite for MAC on my
Macbook Pro. I love working with PPT and I've created a nice presentation
for our staff to view. Now, I know to save the presentation as a .ppsx so
that it will open as only as a slide show.

My problem is that I've used certain MAC fonts in my presentation that may
not be found on PC's so therefore, if I run the presentation on a PC it looks
different because it tries to use different fonts in place of the ones that I
used on the MAC. Is there a way to just have PPT launch exactly what I
created and not replace fonts when I send a presentation from a MAC to a PC?

Thank you in advance for your help.

ED ARANGO
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <977554FC-A9BA-43EE-9085-9C95E35CC261(a)microsoft.com>, Edarango wrote:
> I hope someone can help me. I've got the whole Office Suite for MAC on my
> Macbook Pro. I love working with PPT and I've created a nice presentation
> for our staff to view. Now, I know to save the presentation as a .ppsx so
> that it will open as only as a slide show.
>
> My problem is that I've used certain MAC fonts in my presentation that may
> not be found on PC's so therefore, if I run the presentation on a PC it looks
> different because it tries to use different fonts in place of the ones that I
> used on the MAC. Is there a way to just have PPT launch exactly what I
> created and not replace fonts when I send a presentation from a MAC to a PC?

If the fonts you used on the Mac aren't installed on the PC, then it's GOT to
choose some other font to use for your text.

Going from PC to PC, you can embed some fonts into the presentation file, but
Mac PPT versions can't embed fonts or use embedded fonts. If you can do a bit
of editing on a PC that has the needed fonts, and if the fonts are embeddable,
you might be able to solve the problem that way.

You'd still have font failures when the presentation's viewed on other Macs that
don't have the same font.

You can give a heavy sigh, then stick strictly to fonts that are likely to be on
all computers that will view the presentation. Suboptimal. Yes.

Depending on how you go about it, you can make PDFs that embed needed fonts in a
way that's cross-platform compatible. PDFs won't do all the animations and
other effects that a PPT will, but if your needs are simpler, they're not a bad
way to run a slide show.

PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint