From: amaloney on

I think many of the responders here are assuming that Aleksandr wants to
print the colour.

I take it that he wants the colour on the screen to facilitate his work.

I find that adding a blue background to the page makes it easier to work
with.
However, like a previous post stated the page is coloured but not the
background.
I find this useful.

Al Maloney

Aleksandr-14 wrote:

> How do I change the color of the page when I editing?
>
> I'd like the background to be blue instead of the default white.

-----
For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Mike Scott on
Harold Fuchs wrote:

> "Aleksandr" <peace(a)AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net> wrote in message
>> Now children....I hope your no example of those that develop Oo.
>
> Why is this childish? It would be *very* much cheaper, given the price
> of printer ink. Faster too. Yes, OOo ought to support what the OP wants
> but the low tech solution is certainly very practical and the suggestion
> is certainly worth making.

Now I'm wondering - the background colour intended to be printed and the
background colour as seen when editing on-screen are not the same thing.
Instructions given earlier in this thread will change the printed
colour (indeed, cheaper to use coloured paper!), but is this what the OP
wanted -- he specifically said "when I editing". Did he just want a more
restful screen background? Options | Appearance if so.

From: Tomas Lanczos on
On Sun, 2010-06-20 at 20:49 +0100, Mike Scott wrote:
> Harold Fuchs wrote:
> >
> > "Aleksandr" <peace(a)AleksandrSolzhenitsyn.net> wrote in message
> >> Now children....I hope your no example of those that develop Oo.
> >
> > Why is this childish? It would be *very* much cheaper, given the price
> > of printer ink. Faster too. Yes, OOo ought to support what the OP wants
> > but the low tech solution is certainly very practical and the suggestion
> > is certainly worth making.
>
> Now I'm wondering - the background colour intended to be printed and the
> background colour as seen when editing on-screen are not the same thing.
> Instructions given earlier in this thread will change the printed
> colour (indeed, cheaper to use coloured paper!), but is this what the OP
> wanted -- he specifically said "when I editing". Did he just want a more
> restful screen background? Options | Appearance if so.

A more than decade ago we used Wordperfect as a standard text editor
with the default blue background and white fonts. This appearance was
also an option in older versions of MS Word (maybe also now, I don't
know ...) - it is really more restful, depending the monitor.

Tomas

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: RA Brown on
Mike Scott wrote:

> Now I'm wondering - the background colour intended to be printed and the
> background colour as seen when editing on-screen are not the same thing.
> Instructions given earlier in this thread will change the printed
> colour (indeed, cheaper to use coloured paper!), but is this what the OP
> wanted -- he specifically said "when I editing". Did he just want a more
> restful screen background? Options | Appearance if so.

Mike,

I think you hit the nail on the head, I read the original post the same
way. I did not think to follow you path to get the job done. I just
hope the OP is following, if not replying.

Andy

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: "Harold Fuchs" on

"RA Brown" <rabrown(a)the-martin-byrd.net> wrote in message
> Mike Scott wrote:
>

>> Now I'm wondering - the background colour intended to be printed and the
>> background colour as seen when editing on-screen are not the same thing.
>> Instructions given earlier in this thread will change the printed colour
>> (indeed, cheaper to use coloured paper!), but is this what the OP
>> wanted -- he specifically said "when I editing". Did he just want a more
>> restful screen background? Options | Appearance if so.
>
> Mike,
>
> I think you hit the nail on the head, I read the original post the same
> way. I did not think to follow you path to get the job done. I just hope
> the OP is following, if not replying.
>
> Andy

If the OP only wants the background blue while editing then I *guess* the
only way is to format>page>background>blue, do the editing and then
*remember* to revert the page background before printing.Or is there some
other way?

I remember in the days of DOS etc. formatting the screen to use white text
on a blue background but that didn't affect printing. But that screen
formatting was an OS thing, not an application thing.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: [discuss] Writer- change page color?
Next: Windows mail