From: RA Brown on
Harold Fuchs wrote:

> "RA Brown" <rabrown(a)the-martin-byrd.net> wrote in message
>> Mike Scott wrote:
>>

>>> Now I'm wondering - the background colour intended to be printed and
>>> the background colour as seen when editing on-screen are not the same
>>> thing. Instructions given earlier in this thread will change the
>>> printed colour (indeed, cheaper to use coloured paper!), but is this
>>> what the OP wanted -- he specifically said "when I editing". Did he
>>> just want a more restful screen background? Options | Appearance if so.
>>
>> Mike,
>>
>> I think you hit the nail on the head, I read the original post the
>> same way. I did not think to follow you path to get the job done. I
>> just hope the OP is following, if not replying.
>>
>> Andy
>
> If the OP only wants the background blue while editing then I *guess*
> the only way is to format>page>background>blue, do the editing and then
> *remember* to revert the page background before printing.Or is there
> some other way?

Using the Tools > Options > Appearance, as stated above, does not
require that the background be changed when printing or saving. The
whole "page" has the color selected instead of just printable area.

Andy

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: Bob Estes on

> I remember in the days of DOS etc. formatting the screen to use white
> text on a blue background but that didn't affect printing. But that
> screen formatting was an OS thing, not an application thing.

Back in the 1980's the office I worked in had several IBM PC's with
Wordstar installed. Wordstar would allow the user to change all of the
appearance features without affecting the OS or any other program. One
of the girls in the office had the awfullest combination of colors you
could imaging, but I guess that is a girl thing. The rest of us had to
either restore the default or use our own custom settings whenever she
had used one of the computers before us.

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: PMITCHELLL on

In a message dated 6/20/2010 1:52:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
lanczos(a)t-zones.sk writes:

A more than decade ago we used Wordperfect as a standard text editor
with the default blue background and white fonts. This appearance was
also an option in older versions of MS Word (maybe also now, I don't
know ...) - it is really more restful, depending the monitor.

Tomas

And How do you change this in Wordperfect?

Pete
From: John W Kennedy on
On Jun 20, 2010, at 3:49 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
> Now I'm wondering - the background colour intended to be printed and the background colour as seen when editing on-screen are not the same thing. Instructions given earlier in this thread will change the printed colour (indeed, cheaper to use coloured paper!),

Not to mention that most printers can't do full bleed.

--
John W Kennedy
"But now is a new thing which is very old--

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

From: John Kaufmann on
Hi Pete,

In a message dated 2010.06.21 11:36 -0500, PMITCHELLL(a)aol.com wrote:

> A more than decade ago we used Wordperfect as a standard text editor
> with the default blue background and white fonts. This appearance was
> ... more restful, depending the monitor.
>
> And How do you change this in Wordperfect?

Setup(Shft-F1) -> Display(2) -> Colors/Fonts/Attributs(1) -> Screen
Colors(1).

John

For additional commands, e-mail: discuss-help(a)openoffice.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: [discuss] Writer- change page color?
Next: Windows mail