From: Aggie2003 on

Thank you All in advance for your responds.

My laptop was working fine and then it froze. I couldnt restart it on my
desktop since it was frozen so I turned it off from the on/off button and
then turned it on again. I saw the windows logo showing on my screen while
a blank black screen after the reloading process. No Error Messages either.
I cannot access to anything. I push the F8 button to access the "advanced
options menu" during the restart. I tried safe mode, Last Known Good
Configuration, Start Windows Normalls but none of those options worked. I
didnt want to get into more
technical stuff without an expert's offers for alternative solutions. I want
to find a solution without loosing any documents in my computer. I would
appreciate if you could please send me your recommendations. Thank you

Now, on my Advanced Options Menu, i see the following:

"
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable VGA Mode
Last Known Good Configuration
Directory Restore Mode (Windows Domain Controllers only)
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure

Start Windows Normally
Reboot
Return to OS Choices Menu
"
PS: My computer has the Windows XP Restore CD installed. It came like that
from the factory without a CD.