From: Shenan Stanley on
Opinicus wrote:
> Just for the record:
>
>> What is the set of three numbers following the numbers you have
>> already given? (No worries - not like those numbers contain
>> anything important to you - no product key, etc.)
>
> 55895-640

Volume License Key no less.

Interesting.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-04-16 1:30 a.m., Tom Willett wrote:
> "john bornholt"<johnbornholt(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> :I have the reverse problem. I used Windows Update and installed this
> month's
> : security updates today. I rebooted my XP Professional PC and it has come
> up
> : as XP Home Edition..... This PC was originally bought with XP Home and I
> : upgraded it a couple of years ago to XP Professional. I have checked the
> : properties as suggested in earlier post in this thread and they confirm
> that
> : it is now XP Home Edition.
> :
> : How do I roll back to yesterdays' configuration? I could then install
> each
> : of the 9 updates individually and see which is causing the problem.
> :
> : John
>
> System restore?

Only as a last resort. It is much safer to uninstall the updates, from the
Add/Remove Programs control panel.

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com
From: LD55ZRA on

I wouldn't have sleepless nights ove this because Microsoft Updates
aren't what they are supposed to be. Microsoft updates are there to spy
on what you are doing. Once the job is finished, they are removed next
month and new ones installed to do something else. This process
continues until the authorities (FBI and CIA mainly) decide to target
something else.

Don't forget USA is paranoid about all things Alqueda, Taliban and
Muslims. You are of Turkish decent and so you were unfortunate to have
this experience but hey who cares? You have XP Professional so enjoy it
while it is there because next month it might revert back to XP Home
edition or even "N" version.

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

From: LD55ZRA on

Don't waste your time on Microsoft Updates because Computer Security and
Microsoft Products have never been compatible with each other.

Update sare designed to target certain people of certain religion and
these are updated evey month to assure us that the authorities are
looking after our security in the guise of computer security!! I have
not installed any updates since SP3 was released and I have no intention
of installing any. The only exception is Windows 7 where I have already
installed about 142 updates since I bought my system last November from
DELL! This will will change when I am satisfied that Win7 is no longer
a beta version or when SP1 is released!!

hth

From: Michael on
"LD55ZRA" <LD55ZRA(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Don't waste your time on Microsoft Updates because Computer Security and
> Microsoft Products have never been compatible with each other.
> Update sare designed to target certain people of certain religion and
> these are updated evey month to assure us that the authorities are looking
> after our security in the guise of computer security!! I have not
> installed any updates since SP3 was released and I have no intention of
> installing any. The only exception is Windows 7 where I have already
> installed about 142 updates since I bought my system last November from
> DELL! This will will change when I am satisfied that Win7 is no longer a
> beta version or when SP1 is released!!
>
> hth

You shouldn't waste your time posting. Intelligent thought and you have
never been compatible with each other.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.