From: LD55ZRA on

joe wrote:

> db
>
> Your posts are so difficult to read it looks like a Don Juan poem. Your
> answers are great but why oh why can't you change the layout?

He has changed it because Pig-Bear was having problems reading his
messages in his newsreader. Apparently they had very long lines
and required him {Pig-Bear i mean} to move his hand to scroll left
to right and so DB came to this wonderful compromise. this layout
has been around for nearly 5 years it seems. check it out!!!

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.
From: Twayne on
In news:AADE8E6F-CD4E-4D1D-B77B-7053D34D33DB(a)microsoft.com,
db <databaseben at hotmail dot com> typed:
> you should go the
> machines homesite
> to check out what
> version of windows
> it was designed for.
>
> if it was designed for
> xp then it is highly
> unlikely that win7
> can function on it.
>
> the same can be said
> for machines designed
> for win7.
>
> some machines can't
> be downgraded if the
> maker hasn't provided
> critical drivers for it and
> made for the xp o.s.

Well, sort of. I am writing this on a win7 machine with XP and
4 Gig of RAM installed. The XP install disk is identical to
the one from my other purchase; it's only locked by
Activation. Many win7 machines can still run XP. The drivers
issue is really only around the chipset and any cheapo onboard
things they might have on the mobo. On this Dell though,
either works as well as the other with the standard install
disks. It arrived with win7; didn't like it, so installed a
retail XP; no problems; even all onboard stuff works.
Standard chipset, etc..
Other than the chipset, I have yet to see any mainstream
product for win7 that doesn't also have drivers for winXP.
That does NOT mean however, that any win7 can be downgraded to
XP; start by checking out the chipset drivers.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: vip on

> If I just landed on this planet, built a new computer with a brand
> spankin' new hard drive (never seen a Microsoft product), which Windows
> 7 edition could I legally install as my OS? (Doesn't require previous
> Windows of any kind). Thanks.

I have followed your thread thus far, and I have a Q for you. Why are
you so bent on updating to the latest windows product when you seem to
be not too sure how to use the others?
What is it that you do on a computer? Is it something specific that
you feel W7 has to offer that you cant access now?
I dont use 7 or Vespa (putt putt), and for most part, xp.
Personally, I could launch the shuttle from win3.1

Why are you bent on giving $micro $$'s when it seems you havent mastered
the crux of computing.

Just a thought.