From: Larry Ralph on

-- I can not install the Win XP Pro SP 3 from downloaded file?. Get Error
Message - "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation
context."

I also could not install from Win Update. Error Msg. was - 0x87FF36B7
Any ideas on how to correct?

Larry Ralph

From: Jerry on
Try Google for both the error message and the number.

From: chas2209 on

" Larry Ralph" <larryralph(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> -- I can not install the Win XP Pro SP 3 from downloaded file?. Get Error
> Message - "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation
> context."
>
> I also could not install from Win Update. Error Msg. was - 0x87FF36B7
> Any ideas on how to correct?
>
> Larry Ralph

Hi
Read this

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

chas2209

From: Larry Ralph on
I have tried everything recommended and still no luck installing SP3 for
Win XP

--
Wishing you a Wonderful Christmas Season, and a Happy and Healthy New Year
from our little community of Indian Oaks, Florida!!

From: Daave on
Please be specific. Which downloaded file are you referring to?

Have you seen the troubleshooting suggestions from this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

I always have success installing SP3 when I do the following:

1. Install it from the file here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5B33B5A8-5E76-401F-BE08-1E1555D4F3D4&displaylang=en

2. Configure a Clean Boot before you install SP3:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

3. Make sure IE is at IE6 level.

More info:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/itproxpsp/thread/a1f845c0-0638-463a-8627-59110e4b8a3b

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

Larry Ralph wrote:
> I have tried everything recommended and still no luck installing SP3
> for Win XP
>

> "chas2209" <chas2209(a)invalid.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> " Larry Ralph" <larryralph(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>

>>> -- I can not install the Win XP Pro SP 3 from downloaded file?. Get
>>> Error Message - "The requested lookup key was not found in any
>>> active activation context."
>>>
>>> I also could not install from Win Update. Error Msg. was -
>>> 0x87FF36B7 Any ideas on how to correct?
>>>
>>> Larry Ralph
>>
>> Hi
>> Read this