From: Bobby Johnson on
Instead of trying to figure out how to accomplish tasks with a crippled
system, why don't you re-install the OS?

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
I'm with Bobby on this. Something is seriously wrong with your system, and I
think I would start by doing a _clean_ install.

From: Robert Aldwinckle on

> I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
> anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy
> of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste
> on-line,,, just in windows desktop.

So you're still getting your "blue arrow" when you make a selection in IE?
I thought you had found that No Add-ons mode avoided the symptom? So, then
the next step is to find the add-on which when disabled in normal mode also
avoids the symptom.

Good luck

Robert
---

From: Jack on
I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks... After
I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again. Is there
a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.

From: Bobby Johnson on
I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
Operating Systems related problems?

It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen
anything like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with Win
7 and there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.

You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
outdated hardware and/or BIOS.