From: Martin Gregorie on
Nix wrote:

> Judging from X11/lib/Xau/AuUnlock.c, the lock file's called
> .Xauthority-l. Zap that.

Skipped. There wasn't one in the affected user (or anywhere according to
locate).

>> Would deleting the .Xauthority file in the affected user help?
>
> Perhaps. It would certainly zap your X authentication tokens, as
> well, of course, so restarting X would be a good idea.

I tried this. Deleted .Xauthority in the affected user and bounced the
server to ensure that X was restarted. That's solved the problem. Many
thanks.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
From: Nix on
On Thu, 13 Jul 2006, Martin Gregorie moaned:
> Nix wrote:
>>
>> Judging from X11/lib/Xau/AuUnlock.c, the lock file's called
>> .Xauthority-l. Zap that.
>>
> Skipped. There wasn't one in the affected user (or anywhere according to locate).

Hm, I wonder where it thought the lock was coming from then?

--
`We're sysadmins. We deal with the inconceivable so often I can clearly
see the need to define levels of inconceivability.' --- Rik Steenwinkel