From: zomi on

Yahoo.ca POP3 Not Working for Me

I was away from home for one week, and got back home on Saturday night (06 AUG 05 SAT). I have found out that I am unable to get my Yahoo.ca email using Outlook Express when I click RECEIVE ALL or SEND AND RECEIVE ALL. I always get the following on-screen message:

==========
+++

Outlook Express
Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond?

Account: pop.mail.yahoo.ca
Server: pop.mail.yahoo.ca

[Wait] [Stop]

+++
==========

Clicking [Wait] does not help. At long last, I have to click [Stop].

After clicking [Stop] I get the following messages:

==========
+++

Outlook Express
Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks.
Please review the list of errors below for more details.

Errors
A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.ca', Protocol: POP3, Port 110, Secure (SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

+++
==========

I am able to send email, though, when I click SEND ALL.

I am able to send email if I click SEND AND RECEIVE ALL, but the above messages appear after the mail is sent.

I am able to send and receive my Yahoo.ca email using Internet Explorer and Firefox.

What should I do to solve this POP3 problem?

My computer and Internet info:

(1) HP Pavillion a1130n, 3500+ AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 1.0 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM, 250 GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA hard drive, Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2

(2) Comcast Cable Broadband Internet connection

Zomi Thupha

From: RRR_News on
zomi,
1. For yahoo.ca mail accts, make sure that in the Options section that you are allowing Yahoo Delivers features.

2. Try increasing your timeout setting for Yahoo acct(s).
In OE> TOOLS> Accounts> Mail acct tab> Select Yahoo acct> Properties button> Advanced tab> Move timeout slider to the right. Try setting it for 4mins 30secs> Apply/OK.

Rich/rerat

(RRR News) <message rule>

From: PA Bear on
Has it ever worked in OE? Have you subscribed to Yahoo Plus? Is the
subscription current?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

From: zomi on
Yahoo.ca POP3 Solved

1. I have found out that the real problem was my Norton Internet Security
2005.

2. What I did:

First, I quit Outlook Express.

Second, I disabled both "Scan Incoming Email" and "Scan Outgoing Email".

Third, I disabled Norton Internet Security.

But I did not disable AntiVirus Auto-Protect.

Fourth, I launched Outlook Express.

Fifth, I checked my email.

I found out that emails began to come into my Inbox.

Sixth, I enabled Norton Internet Security again after some ten emails came
to my Inbox. [All the more than nine thousand emails were downloaded into my
Inbox.]

Seventh, this step is what I did NOT do. I did not enable again both "Scan
Incoming Email" and "Scan Outgoing Email".

3. I thank all the friends here on this newsgroup who gave me their input.

Zomi

Pages: 1
Prev: Time-out error...help please
Next: compress