From: Gary on
I'd like to look at yield in some Quicken reports. By yield I mean the
amount of income the investment is producing, either as a dollar figure
or as a percent of the market value of the investment.

I've tried several variables that don't seem to have values. Does
anyone know of a variable or a report that will show me the investment
yield?

From: Andrew on
Gary wrote:
> I'd like to look at yield in some Quicken reports. By yield I mean
> the amount of income the investment is producing, either as a dollar
> figure or as a percent of the market value of the investment.
>
> I've tried several variables that don't seem to have values. Does
> anyone know of a variable or a report that will show me the investment
> yield?

I am sure I am missing something, but in the INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE report
under the INVESTING report category, what is wrong with the 'Average Annual
Return' that it purports to provide?

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Gary on
On 2010-05-14 08:04:21 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> said:

> Gary wrote:
>> I'd like to look at yield in some Quicken reports. By yield I mean
>> the amount of income the investment is producing, either as a dollar
>> figure or as a percent of the market value of the investment.
>>
>> I've tried several variables that don't seem to have values. Does
>> anyone know of a variable or a report that will show me the investment
>> yield?
>
> I am sure I am missing something, but in the INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE report
> under the INVESTING report category, what is wrong with the 'Average Annual
> Return' that it purports to provide?

Andrew:

You're not missing something, Quicken is. At least on my report, the
whole column is blank (where, in fact, there has been income).

OTOH, maybe I'M missing something. Since virtually all reports are not
showing income-oriented variables, I probably haven't set a relevent
switch somewhere.

From: Zaidy036 on
In article <4bed43a3$0$12475$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>, gary_w1(a)hotline.com
says...

> On 2010-05-14 08:04:21 -0400, "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> said:
>
> > Gary wrote:
> >> I'd like to look at yield in some Quicken reports. By yield I mean
> >> the amount of income the investment is producing, either as a dollar
> >> figure or as a percent of the market value of the investment.
> >>
> >> I've tried several variables that don't seem to have values. Does
> >> anyone know of a variable or a report that will show me the investment
> >> yield?
> >
> > I am sure I am missing something, but in the INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE report
> > under the INVESTING report category, what is wrong with the 'Average Annual
> > Return' that it purports to provide?
>
> Andrew:
>
> You're not missing something, Quicken is. At least on my report, the
> whole column is blank (where, in fact, there has been income).
>
> OTOH, maybe I'M missing something. Since virtually all reports are not
> showing income-oriented variables, I probably haven't set a relevent
> switch somewhere.

to show Est. Income in Portfolio one has to enter E/I in the Security List -
(select a security) - Edit - Additional Info field (annual div per share)

for some reason (unless changed in Q2010) Q does not automatically fill in the
data from actual income numbers.
From: Gary on
On 2010-05-14 15:27:13 -0400, Zaidy036 <Zaidy036NOSPAM(a)optonline.net> said:

> In article <4bed43a3$0$12475$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com>, gary_w1(a)hotline.com
> says...

>>> I am sure I am missing something, but in the INVESTMENT PERFORMANCE report
>>> under the INVESTING report category, what is wrong with the 'Average Annual
>>> Return' that it purports to provide?
>>
>> Andrew:
>>
>> You're not missing something, Quicken is. At least on my report, the
>> whole column is blank (where, in fact, there has been income).
>>
>> OTOH, maybe I'M missing something. Since virtually all reports are not
>> showing income-oriented variables, I probably haven't set a relevent
>> switch somewhere.
>

> to show Est. Income in Portfolio one has to enter E/I in the Security List -
> (select a security) - Edit - Additional Info field (annual div per share)
>
> for some reason (unless changed in Q2010) Q does not automatically fill in the
> data from actual income numbers.

Thanks for your reply. It tells me that the Investment Performance
report is basically not producing what I thought it did. I can not
imagine circumstances under which I'd want to enter these numbers, then
maintain them for current dividends.

The Investment Income report gives me someting closer to what I'm
looking for ... actual earned income over past periods. I was looking
for other reports that would give actual past earned income, but broken
out more flexibly than permitted by Investment Income.