From: Vera Noest [MVP] on
Dave <take(a)friggin.guess> wrote on 01 sep 2005 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

> Vera Noest [MVP] wrote:
>> Dave <take(a)friggin.guess> wrote on 31 aug 2005 in
>> microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

>>>I have already set this in the domain controllers policy, both
>>>at the OU level (AD Users and Computers, <domain name>, Domain
>>>Controllers properties, Group Policy object) and at the domain
>>>controller machine level (MMC Group Policy snap-in, Local
>>>Computer). Is there somewhere else I need to check for this?
>>

>> No.
>> The user is not trying to connect to the console session, is
>> he? Because that is impossible for non-Administrators on a DC.
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by this? Do you mean
> is he trying to log onto the machine via terminal services as
> the same user that is logged in at the console? Right now, noone
> is logged in at the machine console.

No, I mean is the user trying to connect to the console session,
with the "mstsc /console" command.
On a Windows 2003 server, you can "take over" the console session
just as if you were logged on to the physical console. This is only
possible for Administrators, though.

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___