From: Up_All_Night on
I have been using this server for about 6 months with no problem. I tried to
log into Terminal Server yesterday and I receive the following message:

To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access
permissions on this computer. By default, members of hte Remote Desktop
group he these permissions. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop
Users group or another group that has these permissions, or if the Remote
Desktop User group does not have theses permissions, you must be granted
these permissions manually.

Nothing has changed permission wise at all. No new programs have been
installed. I have searched google and MS Tech pages and it tells me how to
check all the different permissions and other settings. I cannot figure out
why I can no longer get in.

Any help would be apprecieated.

Thanks

Mike

From: Dr.Conti on
Policy change? AD Policy change?

--

Regards,
Dr.Conti (PubForum - The SBC Community Conference owner)

From: Up_All_Night on
nope...
Not using AD either.

From: Dr.Conti on
Well if you want to find a solution and not the source you have to
add yourself to either Admins or to RDP Group. Also check
-> My Computer -> Right Mouse -> Remote Desktop - what is
there. You used it as Admin right?
If you want to know the source then IMHO Event Vievier - the
Security Log along with System Log will tell you why it happen.

From: skydiode@gmail.com on
You probably need to activate it's TS License.

You get 90 or 120 days of "free" accounts, after that, everyone; even
administrators are denied access to login remotely. Until you activate
your server.

You will need to install the licensing component from Add/Remove
Programs (Windows Components) or point the Terminal Server to another
system running an Activated License Server.