From: HappyJack on
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:22:23 GMT, "Auggie" <Imperial.Palace(a)Rome.It> wrote:

>If your business is so bad that you can't make enough profit to cover a $10
>domain name and a few bucks a month for web hosting then you really really
>*REALLY* should consider another line of work.

How nice of you to spout off when you really know nothing about his inentions.
Experimental requires nothing special, and maybe presentational is for the kids
soccer scores.

Get a life butt plug.
From: John Bokma on
HappyJack <johnr(a)sbcglobal.net> writes:

> Get a life butt plug.

LOL!

--
John Bokma

Read my blog: http://johnbokma.com/
Hire me (Perl/Python): http://castleamber.com/
From: Auggie on

"HappyJack" <johnr(a)sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:22:23 GMT, "Auggie" <Imperial.Palace(a)Rome.It>
wrote:

> >If your business is so bad that you can't make enough profit to cover a
$10
> >domain name and a few bucks a month for web hosting then you really
really
> >*REALLY* should consider another line of work.
>
> How nice of you to spout off when you really know nothing about his
inentions.
> Experimental requires nothing special, and maybe presentational is for the
kids
> soccer scores.

No, I don't know anything about his intentions, thats why I quantified my
response with "If that's the case then..."

It is my assumption that his question is business related based on the
groups he is posting to and the fact that he is doing it over usenet which
isn't the normal source one would seek for answers if just looking to post
the kids soccer scores.

Another assumption, one thats probably right on the mark, is that you are in
that situation where your business has a hard time paying for a $10 domain
name and $5 per month web hosting and my response hit a little too close to
home for you and thus you are a tad upset about it. To that I would say:
Fear not, McDonalds will always be hiring.

From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:18:38 -0600, John Bokma <john(a)castleamber.com>
wrote:
>Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:
>
>> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:27:51 -0800 (PST), emekadavid
>
>>>ich bin ein berliner
>>
>> Are you really a 'jam-filled donut' ?
>
>That's an urban legend.

Is it ? They're very nice with a mid-morning coffee.
(Ein Berliner, bitte)

>> Or did you mean, 'Ick bin Berliner' ?
>
>Ick is not German, Ich is correct.

Never been in Berlin, have you ?
Their nickname is 'Ickers' because they pronounce
'ich' as a hard rather than a soft sound.
(it was intended as a joke)

> (It's "Ik" in Dutch). Also, "Ich bin Berliner" would've
>been wrong since Kennedy wasn't from Berlin.

His point was that . . . aw fuggedabout it !
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: John Bokma on
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:18:38 -0600, John Bokma <john(a)castleamber.com>
> wrote:
>>Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:
>>
>>> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:27:51 -0800 (PST), emekadavid

>>> Are you really a 'jam-filled donut' ?
>>
>>That's an urban legend.
>
> Is it ? They're very nice with a mid-morning coffee.
> (Ein Berliner, bitte)

Yes, it is [1]. And like most urban legends it dies hard.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ich_bin_ein_berliner#Jelly_doughnut_urban_legend

--
John Bokma

Read my blog: http://johnbokma.com/