From: emekadavid on
Is there an alternate geocities out in cyberspace? I learnt from a
friend
that yahoo geocities has been discontinued and I really need something
like
that which I can use for experimental and presentational purposes?
Someone please help
xnt

--
ich bin ein berliner

From: Red E. Kilowatt on
emekadavid wrote:
> Is there an alternate geocities out in cyberspace? I learnt from a
> friend
> that yahoo geocities has been discontinued and I really need something
> like
> that which I can use for experimental and presentational purposes?
> Someone please help
> xnt

You can do a lot with Blogger.
--
Red

From: Auggie on

"emekadavid" <nnaemeka.david(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there an alternate geocities out in cyberspace? I learnt from a
> friend
> that yahoo geocities has been discontinued and I really need something
> like
> that which I can use for experimental and presentational purposes?
> Someone please help

For "experimental and presentational purposes"?

You make it sound like you want this web space for something to do with your
business, perhaps a web development type business?

If that's the case then I would say: You should invest in some real web
hosting.

It will look quite unprofessional if you are using freebie web services,
particularly if they put ads up on your site, to promote your skills and
services.

If your business is so bad that you can't make enough profit to cover a $10
domain name and a few bucks a month for web hosting then you really really
*REALLY* should consider another line of work.

Another thing to consider here is that its very tough to find any free hosts
that let you do any server side scripting, programming or use a database.
That really puts a limit on what you can do or what options and features you
can include in your websites, and that whole server side scripting stuff is
where much of the money is made in this business.

From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:27:51 -0800 (PST), emekadavid
<nnaemeka.david(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Is there an alternate geocities out in cyberspace? I learnt from a
>friend that yahoo geocities has been discontinued

Google is your friend (TM) : 'free web hosting'

>ich bin ein berliner

Are you really a 'jam-filled donut' ?

Or did you mean, 'Ick bin Berliner' ?
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: John Bokma on
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:27:51 -0800 (PST), emekadavid

>>ich bin ein berliner
>
> Are you really a 'jam-filled donut' ?

That's an urban legend.

> Or did you mean, 'Ick bin Berliner' ?

Ick is not German, Ich is correct. (It's "Ik" in Dutch). Also, "Ich bin
Berliner" would've been wrong since Kennedy wasn't from Berlin.

--
John Bokma

Read my blog: http://johnbokma.com/
Hire me (Perl/Python): http://castleamber.com/