From: John Bokma on
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 13:18:16 -0600, John Bokma <john(a)castleamber.com>
> wrote:
>>Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:
>>
>>> So I'll need to settle for poffertjes . . . I've got Koopmans mix
>>> in the cupboard and the correct cast iron pan.
>>
>>That stuff is most likely impossible to get where I live.
>> But we do have hot cakes, which are nice as well.
>
> I had a job finding it when we were on holiday.
> I think we were in four or five supermarkets before
> I found it.

I guess that most Dutch people in Mexico are living in the well-known
holiday areas. I now and then hear rumours of at least one other Dutch
person living nearby (besides the one I know of, if she still lives in
Xico that is), but so far only rumours :-D.

--
John Bokma

Read my blog: http://johnbokma.com/
Hire me (Perl/Python): http://castleamber.com/
From: Josiah Jenkins on
On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:12:07 -0600, John Bokma <john(a)castleamber.com>
wrote:

>>>That stuff is most likely impossible to get where I live.
>>
>> I had a job finding it when we were on holiday.
>
>I guess that most Dutch people in Mexico . . .

Ooops ! I assumed you were in the Nederlands.
I should have looked at your blog as well as your
website !

>> I think we were in four or five supermarkets
>>before I found it.

And that was in the Nederlands.
--
http://www.ian-stewart.eu
From: John Bokma on
Josiah Jenkins <josiah-jenkins(a)somewhere_else.invalid> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:12:07 -0600, John Bokma <john(a)castleamber.com>
> wrote:

>>> I had a job finding it when we were on holiday.
>>
>>I guess that most Dutch people in Mexico . . .
>
> Ooops ! I assumed you were in the Nederlands.
> I should have looked at your blog as well as your
> website !

:-D.

>>> I think we were in four or five supermarkets
>>>before I found it.
>
> And that was in the Nederlands.

Odd, if you had asked me I would've said that every supermarket sells
it (in the Netherlands, that is). Maybe it has gone out of fashion?

--
John Bokma

Read my blog: http://johnbokma.com/
Hire me (Perl/Python): http://castleamber.com/