From: Miguel Medalha on

> Does anyone know how many ACLs can be stored on file system (xfs) using acl_xattr module and in file file_ntacls.tdb?

There's something I would really like to know! But somehow it seems to
be a secret of the gods that us mere mortals are not allowed to penetrate...
On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 08:38:19AM -0400, simo wrote:
> > > There's something I would really like to know! But somehow it seems to
> > > be a secret of the gods that us mere mortals are not allowed to penetrate...
> >
> > Please say if there is any size restriction for xattrs in
> > XFS. Hopefully there is none, which would mean that you can
> > fill the whole file system with a single security descriptor
> > if you wish.
>
> If I remember correctly XFS used to have a size limit of 64KiB per
> xattr.

Shall I call you god now? :-)

Volker
On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 13:34 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:25:14PM +0000, Miguel Medalha wrote:
> >
> > >Does anyone know how many ACLs can be stored on file system (xfs) using
> > >acl_xattr module and in file file_ntacls.tdb?
> > >

> > There's something I would really like to know! But somehow it seems to
> > be a secret of the gods that us mere mortals are not allowed to penetrate...
>
> Please say if there is any size restriction for xattrs in
> XFS. Hopefully there is none, which would mean that you can
> fill the whole file system with a single security descriptor
> if you wish.

If I remember correctly XFS used to have a size limit of 64KiB per
xattr.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer <simo(a)samba.org>

> If I remember correctly XFS used to have a size limit of 64KiB per
> xattr.

What about ext3 & ext4?
On Fri, 2010-03-26 at 13:06 +0000, Miguel Medalha wrote:
> > If I remember correctly XFS used to have a size limit of 64KiB per
> > xattr.
> >

> What about ext3 & ext4?

Always IIRC, they should be limited by the inode size, which is 4KiB,
but this information is old, and should be verified for ext4.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer <simo(a)samba.org>
Principal Software Engineer at Red Hat, Inc. <simo(a)redhat.com>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: [Samba] xp logon issue
Next: ?: winbind dont start