From: =?UTF-8?B?TWFydGluIFNjaMO8dHRl?= on
Mauro Faccenda wrote:
> Does anyone can recommend any good alternative to Mailman as a Mailing
> Lists Manager that plugs well with Postfix?

I heard some praise for http://www.sympa.org/
But I never used it myself.

--
Martin

From: Victoriano Giralt on

From: Mauro Faccenda on
Hm... that makes two recommendations, I'll take a look at it as well.

Thanks Victoriano and Martin.

Mauro

From: Gaby Vanhegan on

On 19 Mar 2010, at 15:53, Mauro Faccenda wrote:

> Hm... that makes two recommendations, I'll take a look at it as well.
> Thanks Victoriano and Martin.

I have quite easily integrate mlmmj with Postfix, it's rather nice one you get setup. No fiddly web interfaces to worry about, it's all handled over email and with small config files for each list.

All I had to do postfix side was create an alias for each list then have a virtual entry delivering to that local alias. The alias then fed the message directly into mlmmj and all was good.

G.

--
Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.
http://playr.co.uk/

From: /dev/rob0 on
On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 08:50:01AM -0300, Mauro Faccenda wrote:
> I know this isn't exactly a Postfix question, but as postfix's

I plan to make it one. :)

> administrators the users of this list probably can answer the
> question.
>
> Does anyone can recommend any good alternative to Mailman as a
> Mailing Lists Manager that plugs well with Postfix?
>
> My only problem with Mailman is that I can't have two lists with
> the same 'mailbox' (the part before the @) in different virtual
> domains (i.e. support(a)company.com and support(a)anothercompany.com),
> and this is mandatory in my setup.

There are dozens of workarounds for this limitation.

First, why does the list name itself matter? What matters is that
actual email addresses are aliased to the list commands. Example
virtual(5) mapping:

support(a)example.com example.com_support(a)localhost
support(a)example.net example.net_support(a)localhost
support(a)example.org example.org_support(a)localhost

And other mappings as needed for the various Mailman commands. In
this example, the outside senders see and use the right support@
addresses, and only the help desk people see the real list names
of "domain.tld_support".

Second, this is trivially solved with multiple instances. You could
have config_directory as subdirectories of /etc/postfix/ such as
/etc/postfix/example.com, and do likewise for the queue_ and
data_directory for each instance.

I don't know about other MLMs, but I am sure you can solve your
problem with some Postfixation.