From: Mauro Faccenda on
Hi there,

I know this isn't exactly a Postfix question, but as postfix's
administrators the users of this list probably can answer the
question.

Does anyone can recommend any good alternative to Mailman as a Mailing
Lists Manager that plugs well with Postfix?

My only problem with Mailman is that I can't have two lists with the
same 'mailbox' (the part before the @) in different virtual domains
(i.e. support(a)company.com and support(a)anothercompany.com), and this is
mandatory in my setup.

I know there is some patches that enables that functionality, but they
are quite old and doesn't work well in actual versions of Mailman.

I need a web management interface, so the managers of each list can do
all the tasks they need. Email interface is OK, but since the users
are not exactly technical experts, a web interface is better. And a
Brazilian Portuguese translation is another plus.

On Postfix add-ons page I could see some, but I never heard about them
(besides majordomo and Mailman).

Thanks in advance,

Mauro

From: "Marc G. Fournier" on

We use Majordomo2 for the postgresql.org lists, and this definitely allows
for support(a)domain1 seperate from support(a)domain2 ...

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010, Mauro Faccenda wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I know this isn't exactly a Postfix question, but as postfix's
> administrators the users of this list probably can answer the
> question.
>
> Does anyone can recommend any good alternative to Mailman as a Mailing
> Lists Manager that plugs well with Postfix?
>
> My only problem with Mailman is that I can't have two lists with the
> same 'mailbox' (the part before the @) in different virtual domains
> (i.e. support(a)company.com and support(a)anothercompany.com), and this is
> mandatory in my setup.
>
> I know there is some patches that enables that functionality, but they
> are quite old and doesn't work well in actual versions of Mailman.
>
> I need a web management interface, so the managers of each list can do
> all the tasks they need. Email interface is OK, but since the users
> are not exactly technical experts, a web interface is better. And a
> Brazilian Portuguese translation is another plus.
>
> On Postfix add-ons page I could see some, but I never heard about them
> (besides majordomo and Mailman).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mauro

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(a)hub.org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(a)hub.org

From: Mauro Faccenda on
Hi Marc,

Thanks for your suggestion: I'll take a look at it.

Last time I used majordomo was in the 90's, I don't know if there is a
web interface. Can you tell me if there is a official one? Or can you
recommend another software to ease the management?

Again, thanks.

Mauro

From: John Levine on
>Last time I used majordomo was in the 90's, I don't know if there is a
>web interface. Can you tell me if there is a official one? Or can you
>recommend another software to ease the management?

Majordomo2 is a complete rewrite from scratch. All it shares with mj1
is the basic commands used in control messages. MJ2 has a web
interface (more cluttered than mailmain, but quite powerful and, I can
say from experience, quite usable by my users) and a shell interface
if you have ssh access to the machine where mj2 runs.

I've been using it for years, it works great. It does have migration
tools so it's relatively straightforward to switch from mj1.

R's,
John

From: Mauro Faccenda on
Thanks John,

With that words said, definitively I'll give it a try.

Mauro