From: Richard Kimber on
I have been successfully running a local copy of apache2 on Ubuntu 9.10.
I have now just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox, although it deals
happily with remote php files, now asks me what I want to do with local
php files. I assume this is some sort of apache (or php) configuration
problem, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

During the upgrade I did get a warning that adodb was now located in a
different place and that I might want to edit my php ini file, but (a) I
don't have adodb (whatever that is) installed, according to Synaptic, and
(b) php.ini doesn't have any reference to it.

I'd be grateful for any help on how I can get to see the local php files,
as I used to. Normal, HTML, files are fine.

- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber
Political Science Resources: UK General Election 2010
From: Ohhhh maaan on
Richard Kimber wrote:

> I have been successfully running a local copy of apache2 on Ubuntu
> 9.10. I have now just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox, although
> it deals happily with remote php files, now asks me what I want to do
> with local php files. I assume this is some sort of apache (or php)
> configuration problem, but I'm not sure what the problem is.
>
> During the upgrade I did get a warning that adodb was now located in a
> different place and that I might want to edit my php ini file, but (a)
> I don't have adodb (whatever that is) installed, according to
> Synaptic, and (b) php.ini doesn't have any reference to it.
>
> I'd be grateful for any help on how I can get to see the local php
> files, as I used to. Normal, HTML, files are fine.
>
> - Richard.

Just to be clear, I assume you are trying to set up a local web service
where you can run PHP scripts over Apache? When accessing the local PHP
files, I assume you mean over your web browser. If so, are you using
http://127.0.0.1 or whatever is appropriate, or are you using
file:///path/to/file.php? Is it downloading the file (prompting asking
what you want to do) when accessing over http? If so, it sounds like
you don't have the appropriate file type set up. Do CGI scripts work
(even in scriptaliased directories), or do those want to download, too?