From: Candace Sparks on
Getting this error message when I try to archive:

You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsfot Outlook 97-2002
Personal Folders File (.pst) whish is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve
multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the
Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst).

I have a new computer, and have copied my data from old to new computer. I
copied the archive mail folder to new computer. I was running Outlook 2002
on the old computer, have Outlook 2003 on new computer. Do I need to import
the old archive pst file to Outlook in the new computer, then set up a new
folder for the archive pst?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Candace Sparks

From: Ben M. Schorr - MVP on
Aloha Candace,

You need to create a new Archive.PST file (though it doesn't have to be named
that if you don't want to) with Outlook 2003. The Outlook 2003 (or 2007)
native format is Unicode.

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr - MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm

From: Roady [MVP] on
It's not an error but an informational message ;-)

You can choose to archive to a new pst-file in the Outlook 2003 format. To
create a new file use FIle-> New-> Outlook Data File...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----

From: Candace Sparks on
After new data file is created, do I have to import archive pst from older
Outlook?

message news:54C731CC-BD1F-411C-A4D2-98EC0854D90D(a)microsoft.com...

From: Roady [MVP] on
You don't have to but if you want a single archive file then you can do
that. For more control you can do a manual move of the folders.