From: Paul McGuire on
On Jun 30, 6:39 pm, Jay <jayk...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would like to create a python script that plays the Windows game
> minesweeper.
>
> The python code logic and running minesweeper are not problems.
> However, "seeing" the 1-8 in the minesweeper map and clicking on
> squares is. I have no idea how to proceed.

You can interact with a Windows application using pywinauto (http://
pywinauto.openqa.org/).

Sounds like a fun little project - good luck!

-- Paul
From: Jay on
pywinauto looks to be almost perfect. All I need now is to read the
numbers uncovered when a minesweeper square is clicked on, or that I
just hit a mine.

From: Emile van Sebille on
On 7/1/2010 2:52 PM Jay said...
> pywinauto looks to be almost perfect. All I need now is to read the
> numbers uncovered when a minesweeper square is clicked on, or that I
> just hit a mine.

.... or, you could always win...

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread186209.html

Emile

PS -- in about '77 I worked with a guy that had XYZZY as his
personalized license plate...

From: Terry Reedy on
On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 2:52 PM Jay said...
>> pywinauto looks to be almost perfect. All I need now is to read the
>> numbers uncovered when a minesweeper square is clicked on, or that I
>> just hit a mine.
>>

> ... or, you could always win...
>
> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread186209.html

Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I
decided that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no way
to enter text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor, as far
as I know, for it to toggle pixels outside its window.

--
Terry Jan Reedy

From: Emile van Sebille on
On 7/1/2010 6:17 PM Terry Reedy said...
> On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>> On 7/1/2010 2:52 PM Jay said...
>>> pywinauto looks to be almost perfect. All I need now is to read the
>>> numbers uncovered when a minesweeper square is clicked on, or that I
>>> just hit a mine.
>>>

>> ... or, you could always win...
>>
>> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread186209.html
>
> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I
> decided that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no way
> to enter text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor, as far
> as I know, for it to toggle pixels outside its window.

Yes. It works.

Emile