From: Ian Kelly on
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy(a)udel.edu> wrote:
> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I decided
> that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no way to enter
> text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor, as far as I know,
> for it to toggle pixels outside its window.

Your objections are invalid. The fact that Minesweeper does not have
a text control does not mean that it cannot receive keypresses, and
the exterior pixel could hypothetically be implemented as a 1-pixel
borderless window belonging to the Minesweeper application.

There are enough details from enough different persons on the web,
with few if any dissenting opinions, that I'm inclined to believe it
probably works. I can't test it myself, though, because it apparently
no longer works in Windows Vista or 7, and I no longer have an XP box
around.
From: Ethan Furman on
Terry Reedy wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>
>> On 7/1/2010 2:52 PM Jay said...
>>
>>> pywinauto looks to be almost perfect. All I need now is to read the
>>> numbers uncovered when a minesweeper square is clicked on, or that I
>>> just hit a mine.
>>>

>> ... or, you could always win...
>>
>> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread186209.html
>

> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I
> decided that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no way
> to enter text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor, as far
> as I know, for it to toggle pixels outside its window.

The pixel can be hard to see depending on your background colors and
whether your screen is adjusted correctly (I could see the white, but
not the black). But on XP Pro is still works.

~Ethan~

From: superpollo on
Ethan Furman ha scritto:
> Terry Reedy wrote:
>> On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>>
>>> On 7/1/2010 2:52 PM Jay said...

>>> ... or, you could always win...
>>>
>>> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread186209.html
>>

>> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I
>> decided that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no
>> way to enter text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor,
>> as far as I know, for it to toggle pixels outside its window.
>
> The pixel can be hard to see depending on your background colors and
> whether your screen is adjusted correctly (I could see the white, but
> not the black). But on XP Pro is still works.

works for me too

bye
From: Terry Reedy on
On 7/1/2010 10:18 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
> On 7/1/2010 6:17 PM Terry Reedy said...
>> On 7/1/2010 6:42 PM, Emile van Sebille wrote:
>>> On 7/1/2010 2:52 PM Jay said...
>>>>

>>> ... or, you could always win...
>>>
>>> http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread186209.html
>>
>> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I
>> decided that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no way
>> to enter text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor, as far
>> as I know, for it to toggle pixels outside its window.
>>

> Yes. It works.

Thanks all. I tried again with other windows minimized so that the upper
left pixel is medium brown from the wallpaper, and I can make out the
white pixel. A maximized unfocued background window has that pixel
normally black surrounded by light blue pixels that make one white pixel
harder to see for imperfect eyes. Live, post errors, and learn ;-).

--
Terry Jan Reedy

From: Carl Banks on
On Jul 2, 6:17 am, superpollo <ute...(a)esempio.net> wrote:
> Ethan Furman ha scritto:
>

> > Terry Reedy wrote:

> >> Did you actually try it? Though skeptical, I did, briefly, until I
> >> decided that it probably should have been dated April 1. There is no
> >> way to enter text into minesweeper, nor to make it full screen, nor,
> >> as far as I know, for it to toggle pixels outside its window.
>
> > The pixel can be hard to see depending on your background colors and
> > whether your screen is adjusted correctly (I could see the white, but
> > not the black).  But on XP Pro is still works.
>
> works for me too

I'm confirming that it even works with Wine emulator in Linux.

Carl Banks