Prev: IE 8
Next: Will not boot up.
From: SC Tom on
We had HP and Dell workstations at work that all had on/off switches on the
PS. Both my Compaq SR1124NX and my SO's SR1320NX have the switch. I'm sure
there must be plenty more out there :-)
--
SC Tom

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed
any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Lt. Col. J.D. "Jeff" Cooper, USMC, Ret.

From: Bruce Chambers on
Unknown wrote:
> What brand of computer do you have?

Custom-built; usually built by myself. I almost never purchase from
the OEMS. (However, my son's last HP Pavilion had a switch on the back
of the power supply.)

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:54:24 -0600, Bruce Chambers
<bchambers(a)cable0ne.n3t> wrote:

> Unknown wrote:
> > What brand of computer do you have?
> >

> Custom-built; usually built by myself. I almost never purchase from
> the OEMS. (However, my son's last HP Pavilion had a switch on the back
> of the power supply.)

I have four desktops in this room right now--three are custom-built,
and the fourth (my wife's) is a Dell. All four have switches on the
back of the power supply.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Terry R. on
On 4/5/2010 6:39 PM On a whim, Ken Blake, MVP pounded out on the keyboard

> On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:54:24 -0600, Bruce Chambers
> <bchambers(a)cable0ne.n3t> wrote:
>
>> Unknown wrote:
>>> What brand of computer do you have?
>>>

>> Custom-built; usually built by myself. I almost never purchase from
>> the OEMS. (However, my son's last HP Pavilion had a switch on the back
>> of the power supply.)
>

> I have four desktops in this room right now--three are custom-built,
> and the fourth (my wife's) is a Dell. All four have switches on the
> back of the power supply.

Did you change the PS on the Dell? I have never seen one in the last
8-10 years with a switch on the PS.

Terry R.
From: SC Tom on

"Terry R." <F1Com(a)NOSPAMpobox.com> wrote in message
> On 4/5/2010 6:39 PM On a whim, Ken Blake, MVP pounded out on the keyboard
>
>> On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 18:54:24 -0600, Bruce Chambers
>> <bchambers(a)cable0ne.n3t> wrote:

>>> Custom-built; usually built by myself. I almost never purchase from
>>> the OEMS. (However, my son's last HP Pavilion had a switch on the back
>>> of the power supply.)
>>

>> I have four desktops in this room right now--three are custom-built,
>> and the fourth (my wife's) is a Dell. All four have switches on the
>> back of the power supply.
>>

> Did you change the PS on the Dell? I have never seen one in the last 8-10
> years with a switch on the PS.
>

> Terry R.
> --
> Anti-spam measures are included in my email address.
> Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply.

If I was still working, I could send you pictures of 11 Dell workstations
(if they still have them all) that have the switch on the PS. I don't
remember the model number, but they are all high-end CAD stations about 5 or
6 years old.
--
SC Tom

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed
any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
Lt. Col. J.D. "Jeff" Cooper, USMC, Ret.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: IE 8