From: tanulanand on
Hey,

I have a Nokia 6680 and have searched each and every corner of UK to
get it unlocked ( did'nt go to the operator 3 as they charge £115 and
havent got that kindda money ). yesterday i came across this site
http://www.bb5unlocker.com. I want to know if what they claim is
correct or not. Has any 1 tried it? If they have what is the feedback.
Help will be appriciated.

Thanx

Tanul Anand

From: SteveH on
f<tanulanand(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I have a Nokia 6680 and have searched each and every corner of UK to
> get it unlocked ( did'nt go to the operator 3 as they charge ý115 and
> havent got that kindda money ). yesterday i came across this site
> http://www.bb5unlocker.com. I want to know if what they claim is
> correct or not. Has any 1 tried it? If they have what is the feedback.
> Help will be appriciated.

Their NoChex account has been suspended, so it looks like it was dodgy.

Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL
From: Phil on
Brian Morrison <scrapspam(a)fenrir.org.uk> wrote in

> If you must have it unlocked then at present it's 3 or nobody, the 115
> GBP is to cover the remainder of your minimum contract and is applied as
> a credit on the account.

I'm on Vodafone, so I guess they have a similar unlocking facility as 3?
What does it involve? Do they give you a code to enter and if so, how do
you enter it?

--
Phil
http://www.philipchung.co.uk/
From: Richard Colton on

<tanulanand(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Nokia 6680 and have searched each and every corner of UK to
>get it unlocked ( did'nt go to the operator 3 as they charge ý115 and
>havent got that kindda money ). yesterday i came across this site
>http://www.bb5unlocker.com. I want to know if what they claim is
>correct or not. Has any 1 tried it? If they have what is the feedback.
>Help will be appriciated.

ý9.95 for an unlimeted licence, and a nochex acount that's been pulled.
Hardly inspires confidence does it.

Quite apart from the blatant lies on the page (BB5 phones can be unlocked by
code), there is only one third-party solution available for BB5 handsets and
it's not in wide circulation.

--
<<< Unlock Your Phone's Potential >>>
<<< www.uselessinfo.org.uk >>>

From: Phil on

> Yes they do. However if you are a Vodafone contract it is unlikely
> that the phone is locked in the first place. Try inserting a
> non-Vodafone SIM to find out.

I think it's locked. I tried an O2 SIM (from an XDA II) and I get a "SIM
card not valid" message.h

--
Phil
http://www.philipchung.co.uk/